Happy new year everybody! As we enter 2011 The Pika Club will be 12 years old in November this year! What better way to celebrate the new year than with the release of the next Adoption Agency update? This new update features, amongst other things:
- Breeder levels – In addition to levelling up your Pokémon you now gain experience and level up! Experience is gained just by using the Adoption Agency and doing things like interacting with Pokémon. Certain features and perhaps Pokémon will only be accessible once you reach a certain level.
- Ranks and perks – Every set amount of breeder levels you now gain access to ‘perks’. You’ll get 3 perks to choose from and these will alter your experience of the Adoption Agency, like permanently increasing your chance of acquiring shinies or raising the amount of times your Pokémon can be interacted with each day. Each perk includes a rank which goes by your username and helps ensure everyone using the Adoption Agency has a different experience.
- Karma – Just like every game in existence now you will come across options on the Adoption Agency where you will have a choice of what to do. Whether you are good or bad will affect your ability to access certain features/Pokémon.
- Money – This was probably bound to happen at some point but money will now be included, which you can acquire from interacting with Pokémon amongst other things.
- More sharing options – This was requested by some people who said that breeder cards are too big for some sites, so now you can share individual Pokémon as well.
- Alerts – Now when someone levels up your Pokémon, accepts a trade of yours or when an egg hatches you’ll be alerted! No need to go checking individual pages to see if anyone’s accepted that trade yet or wonder if your egg has hatched!
- Trade Centre Overhaul – Numerous new features have been added to the trade centre and others redone, for example you may now specify a gender preference when you choose which Pokémon you wish to receive, you can more easily search for Pokémon you want and trades have a 1 month automatic expiry date.