New Roleplayers read this

The roleplaying forum made specifically for non-Pokémon RPGs.
zen
Indigo Plateau
Indigo Plateau
Pokémon D/P Friend code: 0

New Roleplayers read this

Post by zen »

Hey everyone, I've noticed that we don't have a guide for roleplaying, so I decided to post this to help newcomers learn the basics. ^.^

First, I think I should explain getting into an RP (Roleplay). To enter an RP, first you need to find one you'd like to join (easy) :) .
Then you'll need to find the RP sign-up sheet for the RP you want to join, find the sign-up here: http://www.thepikaclub.com/forum/index.php?f=65

(If you want to join an RP in the Pokemon Roleplaying forum (non-pokemon) go here: http://www.thepikaclub.com/forum/index.php?f=60)

If you sign up for an RP, that doesn't mean you can post in the RP yet, you need to be accepted by the RP's owner, who also made the sign-up sheet. If they haven't accepted you in a couple days, PM them to let them know you're waiting to be accepted. Sometimes they won't accept you for various reasons (Missing info in your sign-up, already full, ect. ) If this happens, then you have to find another RP to join. (Some RP's have been going on for a while, so when they say 'no' it's usually not to be mean, just that it's been going on for too long to let new characters join)

Now once you're in an RP, next I should explain how to roleplay. Most people do know, but if you don't, I hope this will answer all your questions.

Talking:

To talk, all you need to do is surround what your character is going to say with quotation marks, then put the name of who said it, for example if your character's name is Walker,
and you want to say 'Hello, how are you?' to someone else, it would look like this.

Ex. "Hello, how are you?" Walker said

Basically, it's as if you were writing a story, and someone in that story would say something.

OOC's:

An 'OOC' just means 'Out Of Character', meaning it's you talking to the other roleplayers.

Ex. OOC: I just got a puppy! :mrgreen:

OOC's are okay once in a while, but too many will be like a chat board, so don't use it in every post. *lol*

Italics:

Italics are used to show what your character is thinking, simple, no?

Ex. I wonder what that is?

To make an italics, press the button above where you type your post, it has an 'i' in it, so it shouldn't be too hard to find.

---------

Any questions or suggestions for the guide can be posted here, or PMed to me

Enjoy roleplaying ^.^

~zen
Last edited by zen on Thu 09 Nov, 2006 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Bio is incredible:http://www.studiodaily.com/main/techniq ... /6850.html

The universe is not indifferent to intelligence, it is actively hostile to it.

seavicky95
Cinnabar Island
Cinnabar Island
Pokémon D/P Friend code: 468328574608

Post by seavicky95 »

thanks, i was wondering what OOC meant.

Haru Totetsu
Vermilion City
Vermilion City

Re: New Roleplayers read this

Post by Haru Totetsu »

Ok so thats how you should type RP on here but can I ask. How do you generally 'role play'?

Ryan659
Celadon City
Celadon City
Custom Title: Pokémon Snatcher
Pokémon D/P Friend code: 90313328676

Post by Ryan659 »

Haru Totetsu wrote:Ok so thats how you should type RP on here but can I ask. How do you generally 'role play'?
Essentially to role play all you need to do is pretend you are the role you have been given, and then write similar to a story to play that role, as to what you would do in the role. Reading the roleplays that exist in these forums (both this forum, and the Pokémon roleplay forum) should help clear up any confusion, so you can see how other people role play.

Haru Totetsu
Vermilion City
Vermilion City

Post by Haru Totetsu »

Ryan659 wrote:Essentially to role play all you need to do is pretend you are the role you have been given, and then write similar to a story to play that role, as to what you would do in the role. Reading the roleplays that exist in these forums (both this forum, and the Pokémon roleplay forum) should help clear up any confusion, so you can see how other people role play.
Doody thanks for the info, Ryan-san

dgdog1
Mt. Moon
Mt. Moon

Post by dgdog1 »

both of these go 2 the board index,,im confused.....
DUNSPARCE ARE UNAPPPRICIATED!!!!! Spoink are a bunch of ##^$@^#$^#

thanks for the card undead!