Version 2.1 - Quests Ho

All discussion regarding The Pika Club's Adoption Agency goes within this forum and its subforums.
Pikachu3828
Code Monkey
Code Monkey
Pokémon D/P Friend code: 0

Version 2.1 - Quests Ho

Post by Pikachu3828 »

I'm currently working on the very first update for the Adoption Agency v2 and I am hoping to have this one out very shortly. For v2.1 I plan to add many new features as well as continuing old ones from previous updates that have been left by the wayside. Here is the customary screenshot to whet your appetite.

Here is a summary of some of the major additions being added in v2.1:
  • Quest Log - The most prominent feature in the screenshot above is no doubt the new 'Quest Log' tab. The idea of the quest log is that it keeps track of the smaller, 'mini-missions' that will be scattered throughout v2.1, most of them being optional. More overarching missions like for the Trainer Union won't be included here and due to the way the system is set up, neither will quests that would currently fit in with the quest log style, like searching for the 3 missing Bonsly. It is a bit jarring that only newer missions will show up in the quest log, but I'm hoping this won't be too big of a deal. I plan to fill this full of as many quests as a I can.
  • Continuation of past features - How do you get the rest of the green shards? Just where does Professor Rowan go on Wednesdays? You'll get to find out the answer to these questions and more in version 2.1
  • New legendary Pokémon - A new legendary Pokémon (unrelated to the green shards) will be revealed in version 2.1 and this time there is a story to go along with it.
  • New achievements - I know there are some AA users out there that have almost completed their achievements list. Just as you thought you were nearly done, the rug has been pulled out from under your feet as you'll find you have new achievements to complete in 2.1!
  • Maps - Mr Briney has settled down by The Port with his private boat. If you can find any maps and have made friends with him, maybe he will let you use his boat to discover far off islands that the larger cruise ships don't travel to.
  • Plenty more! - I can't go and spoil everything now, can I?

Favourites: :Gyarados: :Tyranitar: :Zangoose: :Drapion: Image

Red: 151/151 | Gold: 247/251 | Fire Red: 376/386 | Heart Gold: 493/493 | Black: 649/649

Please do not PM me about bugs on the Adoption Agency. Instead, make a topic in the bugs forum.

FireFang1331
Celadon City
Celadon City

Re: Version 2.1 - Quests Ho

Post by FireFang1331 »

I am beyond excited right now! I really can't wait to see this update come around! Thank you so much for all your work here, Overlord! You put so much work into here with no actual paying money to show for it. It means a ton to me as a player, and I hope others feel the same. You deserve all the praise in the world. I'm very excited for new achievements AND these quests! It's always fun to be able to rack up some new 'trophies' to show off ;) But that may just be me! I can't wait to find out where to get the green shards! I haven't gotten the first one yet, but I'm looking forward to that was well as traveling to new places! Pretty much I'm excited about this ENTIRE update and can't wait for it to come out! ^^' Obviously you can take your time, no rushing or pushing here, I'm just super happy about a new one coming! o.o
First to have Pikachu (Lightning) and Raichu (Thunder) on the AA!
Image Trainer card made by Undead!

Goggy
Custom Title: Nacho eating Guy-fan

Post by Goggy »

Pikachu3828 wrote:
  • Continuation of past features - How do you get the rest of the green shards? Just where does Professor Rowan go on Wednesdays? You'll get to find out the answer to these questions and more in version 2.1
I've been wondering this for so long.

And the other stuff sounds very cool, particularly the quests and the legendary thing.

Powerchu

Post by Powerchu »

sounds awesome and love the preview screenshot. can't wait for it to release so we can explore the new stuff. ^_^

Friend Code: 2466-7146-9497 (Ledyba, Illumise, Heracross)

Undead
Custom Title: Death the 2nd

Post by Undead »

This update sounds amazing to me. I've been looking for more to do on the AA and I think this will really help anyone who's feeling like they've done everything and there's nothing much left to explore. Adding more places will give us all some more breathing room as well as our little quest log will give us smaller goals to work towards. Loving all these features already.
Video Game Designer/Programmer In Training
My Trainer Card

Pikachu3828
Code Monkey
Code Monkey

Post by Pikachu3828 »

For a variety of reasons I am looking to abandon the Trainer Union as well as the planned bad karma equivalent union. Chief among these reasons is the awkward coding of the Trainer Union which is due to the feature being something of a rush job and because the new quest log system does much the same thing, only it is written far nicer and is far more diverse (you get quests everywhere and can have as many quests going on at once as you like, as opposed to one mission at a time in one location).

I won't be removing the Trainer Union right away, but what this means is there will be no new additions to the Trainer Union in this update or any forthcoming updates. Anyone who still hasn't completed the trainer union missions will still have time, but at some point in the future it will be removed completely. Any TU achievements will stay, but will be impossible to obtain once the TU is gone.

Red: 151/151 | Gold: 247/251 | Fire Red: 376/386 | Heart Gold: 493/493 | Black: 649/649

Please do not PM me about bugs on the Adoption Agency. Instead, make a topic in the bugs forum.

Undead
Custom Title: Death the 2nd

Post by Undead »

I personally like this idea a lot. While the Trainer Union wasn't a bad idea, along with it's bad karma counterpart, the idea of a personal quest log seems like it could cover a lot more. As you said, rather then getting all the missions from one place you can get them from anyone, anywhere. The only thing I guess I'm confused about are the Trainer Union acheivements. Obviously we'll be keeping the ones we've finished, but it sounds like they'll still be there even after the TU is removed, making them impossible to complete. Will there be new quest log missions to replace them? Maybe quests that give you the same reward so that others aren't left out? I'm sure you're probably still figuring out how to work this exactly but I'm just curious as to what's going to happen. So any enlightenment you care to share would be nice. Anyway love the idea of the quest log over the trainer union and looking forward to the update.
Video Game Designer/Programmer In Training
My Trainer Card

Pikachu3828
Code Monkey
Code Monkey

Post by Pikachu3828 »

Here's a new feature that I feel needs a little explaining, so I'll let slip information about it here.

In order to reward those who are active members of the Adoption Agency, there is a new feature called the Golden User. Every day at the stroke of midnight a list will be drawn up of all users who logged in within the last week. Of those, one will be picked at random and shall become the day's Golden User. You can easily tell who is the Golden User of the day on their Trainer Card.

So what does it mean to be the Golden User? It's a very handy feature, because every Pokémon in the Golden User's team will receive a 10x EXP bonus from Pokémon interactions for the day.

It doesn't matter if you're not the Golden User either, because everyone else will receive a 10x Breeder EXP and money bonus for every Pokémon of the Golden User's team they interact with!

Another bonus is also picked each day. This feature is inspired by an idea from Shiny Star I believe. In the right hand corner of every page you'll see something that looks like this:

This one is fairly self explanatory. Each day a Pokémon is picked at random and will receive a 4x EXP bonus every time it gains EXP. The bonuses stack, so if you're really lucky you could really cash in by combining this bonus with the Golden User bonus!

Pikachu3828
Code Monkey
Code Monkey

Post by Pikachu3828 »

Now that 2.1 is almost ready for release I thought I'd let you in on one last new bonus feature. Now when clicking on Pokémon in peoples' parties you might see this:

If you manage to level up someone's Pokémon, you'll get a bonus 100! This doesn't apply to your own Pokémon though, so if you level them up you won't get the bonus.