My Journal

Discuss the latest advancements on your journey to become a Pokémon master here!

Moderator: Forum staff

SonicKitsune
Cerulean City
Cerulean City
Pokémon D/P Friend code: 0

My Journal

Post by SonicKitsune »

I'll post up to three entries in each post, depending on when someone else posts here.

April 28
The Day I Set Out
I did a lot that day. First of all, I changed the frame style and text speed of the dialog, as I always do. Then I set out, finding my rival (who I called MORON?! for no reason) and we went to Verity Lakefront, where I took down a Starly with my new Piplup. We returned home and I set out to Sandgem, where I named my Piplup and got the Pokédex. I defeated everyone on Route 202 and ended up in Jubilife, where I got my Pokétch. I caught several Pokémon that day, including a Starly, Bidoof, and Psyduck. I also defeated everyone on Route 204 South.

April 29
Headed to Oreburgh
I also did a lot this day. I set out from Jubilife, beating my Rival with my Piplup and Starly, and caught a few more Pokémon such as Zubat and Machop. I caught two Machop so I could trade one for an Abra in-game.

April 30
From Rocks to Meadows
On this day, I obtained my first Gym Badge with help from Piplup and my Budew I caught around the 28th. I took out the Trainers on the way to Floaroma and picked a few Berries. The height of my day was at night, where I caught a Buizel!
Last edited by SonicKitsune on Thu 12 Jun, 2008 4:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Wikispaces|deviantART|Blog
:Cyndaquil: :Heracross: :Marill: SoulSilver - Ridge♂(Star)/To be determined
:Piplup: :Buizel: :Pachirisu: Diamond - Ridge!*/0516-3813-5126

SonicKitsune
Cerulean City
Cerulean City

Post by SonicKitsune »

May 1
Pausing for Pachirisu
I decided to catch a Pachirisu on this day, and I did, and lucky me, it had the Pickup ability. I also took down the guard at the Valley Windworks along with the two thugs in the meadow. That was a contradiction right there.

May 2
Saving Wind Power
The only thing exciting outside of training was beating down Team Galactic, with Mars having a Purugly that forced me to use 3 Potions. But I won and that's good.

May 3
Forest Double Time
I headed north from Floaroma and fought a few tough trainers on the way to Eterna Forest. I'm glad that Cheryl was a healer. I caught a Murkrow and a Buneary there. For the Buneary, I had to take down my partner so she wouldn't KO it. :mrgreen: But she didn't care. She wasn't programmed to. I fought a few annoying fishermen with Magikarp, all with my Staravia. The height of my night (yes, I fought through the forest at night) was getting the Explorer Kit, where I had a lot of fun when there was a cluster of treasure where I was. I spent an hour or two there. I made a lot of Spheres!
Last edited by SonicKitsune on Thu 12 Jun, 2008 4:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SonicKitsune
Cerulean City
Cerulean City

Post by SonicKitsune »

May 4
Long Way Underground for Berries
I went and caught a Ponyta, just in case I needed it for the Gym. But I didn't, and my Staravia only got poisoned at the end of all of the battles. So then I used my newfound Cut ability (which was taught to Pachirisu) to reach the Team Galactic Building and take down everyone. I then got the Bike and was forced to go down Bicycle Road. I really needed to go back to Route 205 North because I planted Berries there, and it was worth it - 4 Berries per tree! On the way, I almost died a few times (that meaning, of course, if I lost everyone) and got the VS Seeker and Dowsing Machine. I'm having a lot of luck in the area of the Underground you can reach from Oreburgh. I got 3 Skull Fossils, all converted, and one of the Pokémon put up at the GTS for a Turtwig. (Please trade me!) On the way back to Route 205 North, (which is on the way to my next stop), I found a lot of extra things with Cut.

May 5
Another Catching Day
I decided to take back the Pokémon I put up at the GTS, only to give it a Fire Stone and put it back up. Anyway, I caught a Bronzor, which was annoying because it kept Confusing me, so I had to switch Pokémon about 20 times, and I caught one of my version exclusives, a Stunky. I also took down the Trainers on Route 207. Up to this point, I was copying a guide from the Internet and putting it on my PSP for reference.

May 6
Long Way Ahead
I decided to go back and visit the Old Chateau where I saw a demented girl that I thought was trying to kill me, but I got out. Then I beat everyone on Routes 208 and 209. I've yet to tackle the tower on 209. I managed to beat my rival with just my Prinplup and a Pachirisu. With that Pachirisu, I visited Amity Square and picked up a few things. I ended up in Solaceon, where I stopped because I was too tired to do anything. I also got the official Nintendo guide. Plus, I have more Cranidos than I know what to do with.
Last edited by SonicKitsune on Thu 12 Jun, 2008 4:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SonicKitsune
Cerulean City
Cerulean City

Post by SonicKitsune »

May 7
Unown. That's it.
Pretty much all I did was catch Unown for this time. I just need a few more and then the punctuation, which I won't get until later. I'm also growing Berries in my spare time. Plus, I think I got more stuff in the Underground.

May 8
Unown Get!
I managed to get all 26 Unown letters (and their Seals). I also took down some people on Route 210, including everybody in the Cafe. I messed around in Ball Capsules and made animations there that involved 3rd grade humor. Then I got sick of them and detached them from the Pokémon.

May 9
Day of Something
I forget exactly what happened, but I think it was mainly training and also beating everyone else on Route 210.
Last edited by SonicKitsune on Thu 12 Jun, 2008 4:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SonicKitsune
Cerulean City
Cerulean City

Post by SonicKitsune »

May 10
Another Day of Something
I think it was more training and Poffin baking. And I beat a few people and visited the Underground again.

May 11
Drifloon Get!
I got Drifloon. And that was the peak of my day.

May 12
Turtwig Get!
I caught a Finneon and also found out that my trade went through, successfully trading a Cranidos for a Turtwig! The reason I couldn't check for so long was that my Wi-Fi was down, but I found a hotspot today. I also headed to Veilstone and did a lot of shopping along with winning a lot at the Game Corner. They really made the game easy this time.
Last edited by SonicKitsune on Thu 12 Jun, 2008 4:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SonicKitsune
Cerulean City
Cerulean City

Post by SonicKitsune »

May 13
Finally, Fly!
I took down the Gym Leader and then took down the Team Galactic people and got Fly from their warehouse. Then I flew all over the place and visited the Pokémon Mansion, which wasn't too great, and did a lot of nothing. But I did catch a spare Buizel and traded for a Chatot in-game.

May 14
Not Much Again...
That's right. A lot of Berries and Poffins and Underground.

May 15
Same Here...
See above.
Last edited by SonicKitsune on Thu 12 Jun, 2008 4:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.

SonicKitsune
Cerulean City
Cerulean City

Post by SonicKitsune »

May 16
Going to Pastoria
I decided to go all the way to Pastoria. I also caught a Wooper on the way. At this time, my Pokédex is officially halfway done.

May 17
Safari... The "Right" Way
I went into the Safari Game so I could get Defog and a bunch of items. No Pokémon, though. They run away too much. I did manage to catch an Azurill with a little "help" called "wallhacking". Screw you Safari Game! I use my rules and get in for free!!!

May 18
Operation Otter/Squirrel Army!!!
The height and most of my day was breeding two more Buizel to make 3 more and two more Pachirisu to make 3 more also. I got bored and decided to make a lot since you get a lot of box space. I'll do Piplup later, probably after defeating the Elite Four so I can get a Ditto.
Last edited by SonicKitsune on Thu 12 Jun, 2008 4:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SonicKitsune
Cerulean City
Cerulean City

Post by SonicKitsune »

May 19
A Day of Awesome
I finished up Operation Otter/Squirrel Army so each pairing had 9 offspring total, then beat the Pastoria Gym Leader, then my rival, then got a Footprint Ribbon for Empoleon, Staravia, Buizel, and Pachirisu, Beat some more people including a Team Galactic Guy, then some more people, and I met a Buizel collector who I battled, and caught the ? and ! Unown, finishing my collection. Plus, my Buizel evolved into Floatzel. I also managed to get to Celestic and save it from some crazy guy. Getting to Celestic was hard because I had to use surefire moves such as Aerial Ace and Swift, and I had no type advantage. I don't want to use Defog because it doesn't do much in battle. I also went to the restaurant where you battle and made a lot of money there.

May 20
Money. And Experience.
I just fought people in that restaurant again. I love double battles.

May 21
See Above
It's easy and fun! Hopefully I'll get the Hearthrome Gym Leader tomorrow.
Last edited by SonicKitsune on Thu 12 Jun, 2008 4:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SonicKitsune
Cerulean City
Cerulean City

Post by SonicKitsune »

May 22
...and I Did... Barely.
I just made it through Hearthrome. I barely survived with a Murkrow and a Floatzel. I also did some EV training after I found out what it was to give my Pachirisu a better Attack and Special Attack stat.

May 23
Japanese Bonsly Get!
I got a Bonsly for another Cranidos I put up on the GTS a few days ago. And it was from Japan. Then I fought in the restaurant again.

May 24
Why?
I just keep fighting in the restaurant.
Last edited by SonicKitsune on Thu 12 Jun, 2008 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SonicKitsune
Cerulean City
Cerulean City

Post by SonicKitsune »

May 25
Again?
I fought again, except I used the Amulet Coin this time.

May 26
Finally! Pokédex 100 Get!
I actually decided to do something different by going through the Ironworks and getting all of the items and the experience there. Then I decided to go to the routes below Sandgem to clear a path to Pal Park when I finally get to go there later. I also made it to Canalave. By the time I got there, I had over 100 Pokémon in my Pokédex that I saw.

May 27
Lucario Abuse
I went and defeated MORON?! again (remember that my rival is MORON?!) and went to Iron Island. I found Riley and teamed up with him in one of the most ridiculous battles ever. He ended up dying so I had to take on two guys with my Empoleon at once, and one of them was a Pelipper, which took forever. And I was focusing on it. The Floatzel the other guy had could wait. Then I got the Riolu Egg and I returned to Iron Island for training my Ponyta. I found a few hidden items there. I then went to that church in Hearthrome (called the Foreign Building) to hatch Riolu, just like I did with Happiny. I just think that building is cool. And the guys in there talk like they're in church. And it has no music, even on Sundays. I was at least thinking that they would have some sermon or something. But the building still looks cool. They should have a Russian building with the weird towers and stuff. Okay, I just forgot what I was talking about.
Last edited by SonicKitsune on Thu 12 Jun, 2008 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SonicKitsune
Cerulean City
Cerulean City

Post by SonicKitsune »

May 28
Just Advancing the Story...
I went and took down the Canalave Gym Leader and some Team Galactic people. Not much else.

May 29
Just Clearing a Path to Advance the Story...
I took out everyone west of Celestic.

May 30
Still Clearing a Path...
I took out a lot of people on Route 216.
Last edited by SonicKitsune on Thu 12 Jun, 2008 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SonicKitsune
Cerulean City
Cerulean City

Post by SonicKitsune »

May 31
Finally... Something.
I made it to Snowpoint. That's about it.

June 1
Just Training...
I just trained a little. Not much.

June 2
More Training...
See above.
Last edited by SonicKitsune on Thu 12 Jun, 2008 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SonicKitsune
Cerulean City
Cerulean City

Post by SonicKitsune »

June 3
Advancing a Lot!
I beat the Snowpoint Gym Leader and took out people at the Galactic Veilstone HQ. That's the height and most of my day.

June 4
And Then More Training.
That's it. I just trained at Iron Island again, and my Empoleon learned Drill Peck. Yes, it's that high of a level. And now it doesn't have to use the weak regular peck to take down Grass, Fighting, and Bug types.

June 5
Why I Train So Much
I am trying to get this Grotle and this Shinx to a high level so I can use one in the last Gym battle and the other in the Elite Four battles. Also, I'm trying to get my Rapidash to a fairly high level. It'll take me a while to level up all of my Pokémon successfully.
Last edited by SonicKitsune on Thu 12 Jun, 2008 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SonicKitsune
Cerulean City
Cerulean City

Post by SonicKitsune »

June 6
Underground Again!
I decided to go to the Underground this time.

June 7
More Nothing.
I got the two Pokétch apps that I hadn't gotten yet and I also did a lot of Underground.

June 8
A Little Something...
I trained, did Underground, and my Grotle evolved into Torterra. Remember that I got that Turtwig off of the GTS. I have way too many Cranidos and Skull Fossils, so I might trade them for Pearl exclusives or Safari Zone Pokémon.
Last edited by SonicKitsune on Thu 12 Jun, 2008 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SonicKitsune
Cerulean City
Cerulean City

Post by SonicKitsune »

June 9
Not Much.
I did a little Underground.

June 10
Seriously, the Machine is Rigged!
I planted some Berries, then trained, then went to the Game Corner again and got 18 straight bonus rounds before I got bored and stopped. I hope they keep the slot machine this way forever because it's so freaking easy.

June 11
All I Barely Did Today Was...
Berries.
Last edited by SonicKitsune on Thu 12 Jun, 2008 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.