Mystery of Blazis Island

This is a forum for Pokémon roleplaying. Roleplay here only.
WhoKnows_WhoCares
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
Custom Title: The Dark Trainer
Pokémon D/P Friend code: 438184851741

Mystery of Blazis Island

Post by WhoKnows_WhoCares »

“Blazis Island. The brand new, popular tropical resort found southwest of the Hoenn Region. This is the location of the Azure Corporation’s latest venture. The 1,800 bedroom hotel is housed in three triangle shaped buildings, with a triangle courtyard between them. The three buildings are said to represent the traits of courage, wisdom power, but the managers assure us that these traits are not used to determine which people stay in which building, fwufafa. The high glass ceiling on the courtyard gives a nice outdoor feel to the area where you can relax and enjoy a cool glass of MooMoo milk outdoors no matter the weather.”

“Less than 10 minutes away, Dodrio Plaza is the pinnacle of shopping. Named after the large Dodrio statue in the center, which depending on which PR you talk to is due to the representation of three entities in one, a theme the Azure corporation seems to use a lot, or because the Dodrio is President Brandies’ favourite Pokémon. With top fashion shops, technical gadgets with all the latest Poké-nav upgrades and even Pokétch and Poké-gear components. And with the some of the greatest places to eat in the Hoenn region, Dodrio Plaza is somewhere you could easily spend most of your time on the island.”

“Stupid info program,” The grumpy response piped up “why do you need to tell people about the plaza when they’re already sitting in it?”

The grumpy man, was a slightly bulky, middle aged man who worked in one of the café’s in Dodrio square. His white apron and white hat indicated that he worked in the kitchen, his black t-shirt standing out underneath all the white he wears. He walks along a counter and places a plate of food down in front of a young man sitting there. He was of average height for his age, slim build, short and shaggy brown hair, wearing jeans and a black shirt over a white t-shirt. He eats a little bit of the food before pointing at the woman on the TV in the corner

“You know this video is shown everywhere on the island. They stopped making it specific to where you are on the island so that they only had to make one.”

“Ah shut up and eat you food” the cook said, mockingly. “This shouldn’t be playing anyway, what with everything that’s happening”

“Yeah,” the boy, Shawn started “I hear quite a few of the shops around here have closed up already.”

“Whole isle is probably closing up” the cook sighed “What with all this strange stuff going on.”

“Yeah, I heard about some of it”

“It’s been happening since they started building this place. Only reason they didn’t stop is cause they started chalking it up to freak accidents”

“So what about you, are you going close up too?” Shawn looks around, silently pointing out that the place was already empty.

“Who me?” the cook livened up before proudly boasting “As long as people are still on this island, I’ll be still here to supply food and drink to them”

“Good to know” the cook looked quizzically at this statement “Looks like I’m going to be here a little while”

“Why’s that?”

“You didn’t hear?” Shawn waited until the cook shook his head “Last night the ferry port got busted up. Only way off this island now is by Pokémon until they’ve got it fixed.”

“That’s gonna strand a lot of people here”

“Yeah, me included. Hoenn’s just too far for my Honchkrow to fly me there”

“So what are you going to do now?” the cook asked

“Well today was suppose to be the start of the big tournament,” Shawn started “I thought I might go up to the stadium like I would have been doing anyway”

“Which one, Mangneton Stadium or Dugtrio Hall

“Oh, Magneton Stadium” Shawn said before clarifying “I’m a trainer, not a co-ordinator”

“Why would you want to go up there?” The cook asked, before adding “I heard something happened to that one to make it unsafe”

“Call me curious,” Shawn starts, getting up from his seat “but I’d like to know what that was”

“Ok Curious,” the cook joked, “if you’re going to head to the stadium, its over on the west side of the island. Should take about an hour on foot.”

“Yeah, I remember, there’s a path that leads to it from the plaza.” Shawn starts heading out of the door

“Hey Curious” Shawn stops at the door turning back “Don’t do anything to get hurt or nothing”

“Didn’t know you cared”

“Hey, I always care about my customers. I like them to be able to come back and order more”

Shawn and the cook laugh as he heads out door, looking around at some of the people still hanging around the plaza. He takes note of the Pokémon center on the east side of the square, and what looks like a few people walking into and out of the place. After a couple more moments, he starts to walk off on the path leading west out of the square.
Member of the Umbreon Club - PM pikapower06 to Join.

Thanks to miradapurple for creating my cool avatar.

Pokémon Pearl FC: Ace/4381 8485 1741

zen
Indigo Plateau
Indigo Plateau
Pokémon D/P Friend code: 0

Re: Mystery of Blazis Island

Post by zen »

OOC: Whoa, that's a huge post. Hope I'm not expected to write that much each time.

Further west along the path to Magneton Stadium, Drake sat lazily under a tree. Next to him sat Mystic, his long-time pokemon and friend. "Well, Mystic, what do you make of our situation?" Drake spoke aloud.

Mystic looked half-asleep in the sun. He replied telepathically, "With the stadiums closed and the ferry down there's not much we can do. If Mirage was evolved we could've left on her.".

Drake looked upwards into the tree. Sunlight shone through the gaps in the tree's leaves. A breeze flew past them. "Yeah, I suppose, although battling over and over might be tedious. Not to mention most of the trainers here aren't very difficult to beat.".

A buzzing sound filled the air. The tree's branches shook vigorously. Drake's Vibrava, Mirage, landed in front of him. "Hey Mirage, how was your exercise flight?" Drake asked, reaching into his backpack to find some food for his pokemon. Mirage replied by vibrating her wings furiously. "Zzzzzt-zzzz. Bzzztzz-zZz-zz.". Mystic translated, "She says she had a great flight.". Drake threw Mirage some pokemon food. She leapt up and caught it easily, "Well, that's good.". Mystic continued, "Also, she said another trainer is coming this way ".

Drake stood up and brushed the dirt off his pants. "Now we're talking." he smiled, "When he passes by, we can see if he'd like to battle Mirage.". Mirage buzzed her wings excitedly.
ImageImage
Bio is incredible:http://www.studiodaily.com/main/techniq ... /6850.html

The universe is not indifferent to intelligence, it is actively hostile to it.

pikapower06
Indigo Plateau
Indigo Plateau

Post by pikapower06 »

"Um!" The black creature curled up in her spot, the rings shining as the sun struck across their surfaces. The blue orbs blinked curiously almost, a sense of utter regard to be noted in their features, as she looked around the place. Bulbous ears shook as she shook her head, sending the 'shivers' down her entire body, and looked to her owner. The catlike creature turned to her flesh, and licked at her fur once more, primping it for just an utter second, and staring at it in satisfaction.

"Hmm?....Yes girl..." The female beside her sighed, collapsing onto the nearby bench beside her Pokémon's blackened body, placing a hand upon the Umbreon's back, petting for for a few seconds with a very faint smile that seemed to flicker upon her face for just a second. "We'll sit here....not much more to be done.." She muttered under her breath, as the creature blinked several more times, looking towards her.

She lifted her front portion of her body, the blue spherical markings showing better to the present world now, as she placed a paw on her owner's lap, looking up into her owner's own, icy blue orbs. She shook her head again, tensing herself up for a second, then relaxing her muscles into submission just as easily. "Brre! Bree Bree Umbre!" Breon." She chattered away at her, getting the Coordinator's attention in a flash. The black haired girl, with the straightness of that falling all about her, covering her sides and back, with a few of the long strands leaping and cascading over her shoulders, to the front portion of her body, looked at her chosen partner curiously, then sighed.

Her shoulders, strong and sturdy in nature of a stance, slouched almost immediately, as her head lulled down, her eyes rolling across the ground freely, with the passage of air exhaling itself from the very pits of her stomach, as she shook her head. She held her gaze securely there, though, not lifting her head back up in the very next instance, and focused upon the ground that stood underneath her powerful feet. "What can we do?" She barely breathed off of her lips. "The weather's the weather. Leave it." She said, an eye turning to look strongly at the black creature at her side, as she commanded the beastial creature at her side.

Umbreon sighed, looking off in the distance. Her eyes met the edge of the world in an instance, staring at where the sun would eventually fall in the later coming hours of the day for several minutes, before leaping off of the bench, and walking off. Crystal glanced up for a moment, as she watched her partner leave.

"No sense in keeping you guys caged up forever..." She then turned to her pocket, slowly reaching into it. Fingers intricately wrapped themselves securely around five other balls, as she felt them brush against the flesh of her palm. She pulled them out, slowly and carefully, using her other hand to help hold them all, then tossed them into the air. One by one, they flew up into the air, the button pressed systemically so right before release from her hand, and opened. A flash of light, and out exited each being before her.

"Come out guys!" She cheered as she tossed them, each at a time, into the air. "Reo!" She called, as the Dragon appeared, orangish in coloration, and scaly but soft at the same instance in texture by looks. A strong, round body held the slightly smallish head about it, which blinked with two strong eyes. Powerful wings shot out from the back of the Dragonite, and it almost giggled in an adorable tone. "Dragg Gonn!" It cheered as it flapped its wings several times rhythmically, and then flew off. "Fei!" She called, as the next one flew into the air, releasing from it a wolfish dog by all looks and nature. The powerful creature, dyed red save for the white fluff adorned upon it's head, tail, and areas on its legs, and striped with black streaks on its body barked in unison as it stood before the 'crowd', looking around. It hunkered down, as if ready for a tasseling wrestle with another, then leaped off, running in another direction. "Schrie! Licht!" She called together, sending out another dragon, with a bolder coloration of orange dashing across almost the full of his body, and wider wings than the other, blue on the insides of them. The neck of this one was longer than the Dragonite's, rthe tail ending in fire whereas the other did not. Besides this brute, a small, meek catlike creature, adorning two tips upon it's own tail, stood. She blinked with her wide eyes, looking around.

I take it, this is pointless. She said almost instantly, jumping to a rather quick conclusion with her own, determined mind. The Espeon's thoughts were not conserved though, that was she made sure to send it across the minds of everyone, in or out of their Pokéballs. As Schrie flew off to parts unheard of to them, she leaped up on the bench, snagged the last Pokéball, and tapped the 'dot' in the center of it. Come on. No need to take forever. She chided to the owner. Out from the beam of light that flooded across the plains shot an impressively large and tall, green figure. Around it's Brachiosaurus-like neck sat an array of petals, making its head look like the stem that shot out from the center of a flower. The Dinosaur-like being smiled meekly, looking around the area curiously, before walking off.

Where's Mystery? I bet she left me before I was released again. Stupid sister. The Espeon chided away in her mind, as she, too, eventually started wandering off. But, after a few steps, she stopped, and walked back. "Es. Espee. Espeon Es Espe." The Espeon chatted away, looking at her owner with blatant disregard of the owner's feelings. "What's that supposed to mean?" She barked back, as the creature approached her once more, and sat at her heels. The creature only merely shook its head, looking off, and Crystal, sighing, looking off feeling a bit concerned about what her Pokémon, Licht, thought of her possibilities to be able to 'make it' on her own, without some sort of supervision.
Pokemon -- Roleplaying -- Fun!
Come start your journey today!
It's fun, AND we're active!

Animalxerman
Viridian Forest

Post by Animalxerman »

John has been wandering around the town for a while now, his Azumarill has been practising battling techniques on Oddishes that are lurking on the outskirts of town. Both are now tired, so they are trying to find somewhere to sit down and have a rest. He soon eyes the Café and heads into it. He bumps into another boy around his age, Who is leaving the cafe. John quietly apologises for the accident, And goes to take a seat.

"Heey. Wow, Another one. Busy day today, eh? Maybe these tournaments should mysteriously close down more often.. Heheh.. I joke. What will it be, Kid?"

Looking At The Menu, John makes his decision..

"Two Colas, Please."

"Two? Wow. You must be extra thirsty! Heh.."

John Glances at Bubbles, Who is curiously examining the Slots machine in the corner..

"Oh, Wow. And who do we have here?"

The Azumarill suddenly notices that it is the subject of the Cooks attention, and turns around.

"Looks a fine breed, he does. Just look at that coat.. Marvellous. I noticed you two outside earlier training. It would appear you care alot about him."

"Yup. He's been my friend since childhood, my father gave him to me as an Azurill, we grew up together."

"Ah, I see. Well. Be careful you don't ruin your diet with those Colas, you hear, Little guy?" Says the Cook with a Smile on his face. The Azumarill Looks around and clings to his cola with both hands.

"Aww. Well, With all the training he has done, I am sure one won't hurt!" Said the Cook

John Looks up at the Cook, Pulling his Hood down to reveal his long hair..

"You don't happen to know why the tournament closed, No? Azumarill has been excited about this one for a while, He was sad when he heard."

"Nope, I don't know, Sorry. Only things around here that concern me are in my kitchen, Haha. You could however get off. It can only be done by pokemon though.. All the ports have closed!"

John Smiles and says "Well I'm sure that will be no problem for Bubbles, Right?" To which the Azumarill scowls.

"Haha. Well. Other than him, I have a Jolteon, Cyndaquil, Absol, Pikachu and a Houndoom. I'm not sure that any of them are too keen on the trip, So it would seem that i am here for the long haul, Unless i can share a trip with another trainer.. However, i think i want to investigate why this has happened first..!"

Suddenly there is a mild shake from John's pocket. John reaches in to reveal a pokeball. He throws it, And out comes Chuu-Chuu, Who was apparently alerted by hearing his name in conversation

"Wow. And who do we have here? Aren't you a cute little one!" Says the Chef. The Pikachu takes an Apple from the counter and Begins munching. John looks at it.

"I'll Pay for tha--"

"No No, Not at all. Don't worry. It's on the house"

"Thank you very much. Well. I had better get going. The food here is lovely. If i get time, i will be sure to come back."

"I hope you do! The more customers, the merrier. Be sure to tell your friends, eh?"

John smiles at the cook, And motions to the Azumarill and Pikachu, And all three walk out, With full stomachs, They continue their investigation

Ryan659
Celadon City
Celadon City
Custom Title: Pokémon Snatcher
Pokémon D/P Friend code: 90313328676

Post by Ryan659 »

Walking out of the Pokémon Centre, Jack sighed a little at the sight of the shop closures.

"So it isn't happening..?"

As he walked down the street, his long-time Pokémon friend, Pyro, followed shortly behind. Every time a Pokémon walked past, Pyro gave a small glare at.

"You want to fight, don't you...Well...We'll see if there's anybody around."

Jack looked, but saw only the Pokémon of trainers who had lost theirs, or let them walk free. He did not see any trainers at all.

Where is everybody...There has to be someone around, surely..?

There was a small breeze on the bright, sunny day. Although the breeze itself was small, the flames that blew from Pyro due to the breeze had burned a nearby Ratatta. Jack continued to walk on, pretending not to notice, while Pyro stayed behind to see if the Ratatta was alright. After a while, Jack noticed that Pyro wasn't following him. He saw what Pyro was doing, and continued on.

"Come on, Pyro."

Pyro, a bit annoyed at this, followed. He did not mind though; the Ratatta was not hurt. Jack looked up at the sky, and wondered:

This "tournament"...why's it been called off? Can't be the weather, everything else looks fine...

Jack looked into the window of a shop that had closed. It was completely empty; there was no sign of life whatsoever. He looked in other windows, with the same results. He walked into a nearby shop that was still open and asked what had happened.

"N-N-Nothing...what do you mean?! I-I didn't know other shops were closed..." said the man at the counter.

Jack walked out, a slight frown on his face. He did not care much, but he was curious at the same time. He walked into few shops that were about and asked the same thing, with similar results. He then noticed Magneton Stadium nearby, and decided to go see what's happening there. On his way, though, he noticed a trainer...

Robert
Got Soul Badge!
Got Soul Badge!

Post by Robert »

As Tatsu wandered around the Dodrio Plaza, his faithful Eevee following right beside him. They both looked at the now empty shops, puzzled. "First the cancelations, now all the shops are empty, strange..." Tatsu muttered to himself.
"Eevee, vee!" Eevee shouted as he dashed off towards a fashion shop.
"Wait up!" Tatsu ran after Eevee, not noticing that the shop was the only one around not empty.

Eevee stoppped right infront of the fashion shop and turned to face Tatsu, "Eeve, Ee vee vee!"
"Huh? Oh, this shop isn't closed!" Tatsu crouched down and pat Eevee on the head "Nice work boy."

Tatsu walked into the fashion shop with Eevee right behind him.
"Oh hello there, customer, you look like you need some new clothes, that shirt is horrible!" the shopkeeper said as she walked behind the counter.

"Oh thanks." Tatsu remarked as he planted his hands in his pockets.
"I actually came here to ask what's going on."

"The Gods were unhappy with the many badly dressed trainers and co-ordinaters that came here and they decided to force the competition to stop, making everyone flee in terror, but they didn't want everyone escaping, so they destroyed the boat, leaving most people stranded with only one choice left, to buy better clothes!" The shopkeeper told Tatsu enthusiasticly,

"Yeah... what really happened?" Tatsu asked as he looked around the shop.

"No idea really, so you aren't going to buy anything? Your loss!" the shopkeeper said as Tatsu walked out the door.

"Where to now buddy?" Tatsu asked his loyal Eevee, and the Eevee ran off down a path, where a trainer seemed to be walking in the distance, possibly towards them, or away towards the Magneton Stadium.

"They might know something!" Tatsu exclaimed as he and Eevee made off down the path.

zen
Indigo Plateau
Indigo Plateau

Post by zen »

Drake was getting impatient. He had been waiting for half an hour for the trainer to cross his path. "Hey Mystic, how far away did Mirage say this guy was?" he asked his pokemon. Mystic held a quick conference with Mirage, then answered him. His Espeon sounded exasperated: "She said she last saw him ten or so miles down that way". "What?!?" Drake stood there speechless. He made a mental note to always check with Mirage on the distance of later targets. Drake composed himself, "Let's head in his direction, we're bound to cross him. If we don't, we should probably go to Dodrio Plaza anyway. Most of the trainers are there".

Without another word the three friends started traveling.
ImageImage

Shrine Sprite
Saffron City
Saffron City
Custom Title: Delinquent

Post by Shrine Sprite »

"C-Canceled?! What do you mean it's canceled?!" Nehme was standing just outside the Magneton Stadium. He paced around in a circle biting his nail for a few moments before turning to the security guard again.
"Wait... I know what you're doing! I've seen it done before dozens of times. You're just posing as a guard to shoo off all the competition! Who are you working for?!" Nehme pointed at the guard accusingly who scowled back at Nehme.
"I apologize for in inconvenience... I'm not sure what exactly has happened myself. The director of the events suddenly called for a cancellation. I'm just doing my job."
"Bu-but that's preposterous! They can't just cancel it like that without announcing a reason!"
"Perhaps if the problem's solved soon they can have the tournaments running again..."
"Problem? I thought you didn't know what happened!"
"I don't," the guard replied flatly.
Nehme eyed the guard suspiciously for a moment before he turned and walked off grudgingly, cursing under his breath. He wondered if he should bother returning to Dodrio square. It was quite busy there when he was there last.
"No tournament of mine is going to be canceled!" he declared aloud, though nobody was around. "I'm going to get to the bottom of this!"

seavicky95
Cinnabar Island
Cinnabar Island
Pokémon D/P Friend code: 468328574608

Post by seavicky95 »

"Pluff?" The small Pokemon looked up anxiously at its trainer.

"What's wrong, Cotton?" she answered, setting aside the word search she had just completed onto the bench next to her.

"Jum. Jump, jumpluff!"

"Oh, you want to exercise? I suppose we could go for a little stroll, seeing as there are no trainers around..." Cleo replied. She glanced left and right.

The Jumpluff hopped up onto her owner's lap. She tapped two Pokéballs on her belt.

"Ah, good point. Muddy and Speck haven't gotten to stretch in a while either." Cleo tapped on the small buttons of the two Pokeballs. Out came a Marshtomp and a Drifblim.

"Tooomp." Muddy loosened her tired muscles.

"Driff!" Speck tooted.

"Alright, let's go!" Cleo motioned for the three Pokémon to follow her. The four of them headed down the road with no set destination in mind.

zen
Indigo Plateau
Indigo Plateau

Post by zen »

Silence ruled the forest. Drake was confused. "This forest should be full of sounds, but the only noise I hear is coming from us," he thought. Mystic agreed, "This seems wrong, there should be other things living here". Mirage, as naive as ever, flew in complex patterns above their heads. Soon, they could hear nothing but the buzzing of Mirage's wings.

Mystic looked into the trees. There was nothing moving, other than the leaves in the wind. Mirage bolted past his face, startling him. He couldn't remember if the hike they took earlier today was this quiet. He and Drake had been talking about the odd cancelation of the island's tournaments.

He listened again: still silence. Mystic shuddered. He couldn't wait to get to Dodrio Plaza.
ImageImage

Ryan659
Celadon City
Celadon City

Post by Ryan659 »

The trainer noticed Jack and walked off immediately. Jack, angry, continued to walk.

"Why do they have to run..."

Jack calmly sat down on a nearby bench, and got out some Pokémon food for Pyro.

"Here, eat..."

Jack then released his other Pokémon, and gave them some food. Happily they all ate, then were returned not too soon after they were finished. Jack got up, and stared at Magneton Stadium. It glistened in the sun with its metallic walls; its Pokéball symbol on the ground in front of it. Jack simply stared in awe for a moment. Then, Jack began to walk towards to stadium. There was nobody around the stadium at all; they had either left or were inside. As soon as Jack got to the door, there was somebody walking out, with an angry expression on his face.

Looks like somebody isn't too happy...

Jack walked up to the counter, where there would normally be hundreds of trainers trying to enter the competition, but now there was only a few people, and one person on the counter with a tired look on their face.

"Why is the tournament called off?" asked Jack.

"We don't know. We were just told this morning that we had to close it off."

"I see. And is there a reason?"

"There is, but I--"

As soon as the person at the counter tried to say this, another person walked up immediately and talked in their place.

"There is no reason. We were only told to shut the tournament off to everyone."

Jack, angry, walked up to the man and asked again.

"Why is the tournament called off?"

"I..I.....Security!"

Several men surrounded Jack, and grabbed him. He was then taken outside and left there.

What's happening..?

Robert
Got Soul Badge!
Got Soul Badge!

Post by Robert »

"vee vee!" Eevee moaned, as they had been walking for ages.
"Looks like they're not getting closer, they must be heading towards the stadium. Hey, looks like there's someone else, and they're walking this way, two others, maybe THEY know something about this..." Tatsu replied to Eevee's moaning, in an attempt to distract them both from the walking.

Eevee sat down and refused to walk any more, "Vee, eeveeeee!"
"Fine, back in your pokeball then..." Tatsu reached for his pocket that contained the pokeballs, but Eevee leapt onto his shoulder and lay there.
"Fine, fine." Tatsu said as he kept on walking.

Shrine Sprite
Saffron City
Saffron City
Custom Title: Delinquent

Post by Shrine Sprite »

[Ooc: Gah. 24 hours without post?! Blasphemy. :<]

As he traversed through the Dodrio square, Nehme realized it wasn't nearly as busy as it was when he was here nearly thirty minutes ago. There were a few trainers and co-ordinators moving about -- one trainer he took careful note of: a blonde-haired kid [John] with an Azumarill following him. It does look pretty tough, but it wouldn't stand against my precious Onyx, he thought, grinning.
Most of the activity was now concentrated around the pokémon center. While this did pique his curiosity, he had another motive. It has been a long time since Nehme had last treated his pokémon. They did, after all, easily win him his first Hoenn gym badge at Dewford Town just before they had detoured to Blazis Island to participate in the competition.
Nehme strolled up to the door of a Mart he had browsed through earlier. This was only shop around that sold pokéblocks, and it was... closed. As he pressed his face against the glass to get a better look inside the darkened store, he noticed the door started to open just a bit.
"Oh!" he peeped as he stepped away from the door.
What kind of shop owner doesn't lock up before clo--
Before he completed his though, he heard a crash from inside the shop. His initial thought was that the manager still hadn't left yet -- or was probably on his way out. Perhaps he could cajole him into selling a few pokéblocks.
Glancing quickly behind him to make sure no one was watching, he slipped into the store.
"Hello?" Nehme called. A deafening silence replied. He couldn't see so well because lights were off and the windows were tinted. Now he started to worry.
Thinking nervously and quickly, he swiped a pokéball from the slot on his belt. "Get the lights, Onyx!" A bright yellow ghost-like pokémon emerged from the pokéball, and floated up into the ceiling. "Rotoooooom!" The lights flickered on a moment later.
Before his eyes could adjust fully to the light, he heard a man, seemingly dressed in black, cry, "Haunter! Use Hypnosis!"
Nehme head started to whirl -- he suddenly felt exhausted; couldn't stay awake any longer...

Ryan659
Celadon City
Celadon City

Post by Ryan659 »

Angry and a little saddened, Jack got up and walked away from the stadium, and leaving behind the hope of ever finding out what has happened. As he was walking away, however, he overheard a couple of trainers talking to each other.

"What do you think's happened to the tournament?" said one of them.

"I heard that there's someone stopping them from working it," said the other.

Another then butted in nearby, and mentioned something else.

"No way! I heard that they didn't have enough money to keep going."

Jack listened carefully, but not so that they would know he was listening. After the talk had died down, he decided to walk around and see if anybody else could be of any help. Before he left though, he had another look toward the stadium. Most of the trainers he could see were simply doing the same thing he had done; with similar results. To his surprise, though, a trainer entered in darkened clothing, and did not come out. He seemed to have no Pokémon outside with him, and wore black sunglasses.

Who is he...?

Kikyo
Saffron City
Saffron City
Custom Title: Krazy Kat

Post by Kikyo »

Kirche rode Schyther into the plaza.
She had jut been to the contest stadium,
but the attendee said that there would be no competition,
and had quickly shuttled her out.
Curious, Kirche and her Pokemon ventured into town.

Kirche traveled piggy-back on her schyther, Mandy,
because her Lyme's disease caused her joints to ache while walking far.
The rest of her Pokemon followed.
She never had believed much in Pokeballs,
but did have a set of luxury balls for when it was necessary.
She believed the balls were too cramped,
and weren't healthy for Pokemon to be in there long-term.
She made all her Pokemon wear clothes, too.

As she entered the plaza, she noticed that many of the shops were closed.
No, not closed... more of abandoned. Curious.
She directed Mandy towards one of the shops,
into which a boy about her age had just entered.
Maybe he knew something about all this.
After all, he was entering an abandoned shop, so maybe he worked there...

As the group approached the shop, the lights turned on.
Then, they heard a crash, and saw the boy fall to the floor.
"Hey, Michael," she whispered to her Espeon,
"can you tell what's happening?"
Mmm... sort of. Michael told her telepathically.
There seems to be a man in there, and a haunter.
I think the haunter used hypnosis on the boy.
Probably best not to go in there right now.

"Ruff! Grr..lithe!" Matt, her little growlithe, complained.
"Yes, we have to do something." Kirche agreed.

Matt was the newest addition to the team,
but she was already beginning to understand some of his speech.
In her mind, Pokemon each had their own language.
To her, it was the same as learning Chinese, or French.
Most trainers figured the Pokemon languages were random sounds,
and never tried to understand,
but Kirche could see a pattern to their sounds.

"Clinton, go in and investigate," she commanded her Umbreon.
"Brrr..." he complained, and laied down.
"Oh, don't choose now to be lazy!"
Clinton was a strange Pokemon.
Sometimes, he was super motivated.
Other times, he was very lazy and didn't want to do anything.
She figured he had some sort of Pokemon bi-polar.
"Sorry, but you have to," she told him.
"You're the only one who can hide in shadows unseen."
"Umbree..." Reluctantly, Clinton got up and slid into the place.

He didn't come out.
"Michael, can you tell what happened to Clinton?" she asked her Espeon.
No sign of him, or the people from earlier.
"This is bad... we need to find help."
"Rairairai..." Her raichu, Janie, chattered nervously.
"Yes, I know. Something is suspiscious.
We can't contact an authority.
Maybe a trainer will help.
We have to find Umbreon, and that kid!
Emma," she directed her Dragonair,
"Scan the skies. Can you see anyone nearby?"
"mmmmmmmmm" came her song, and she zoomed down a path.
"Everyone, Follow Emma!"

Soon, they came across a young girl, maybe a few years younger,
sitting with her Pokemon.
There was an espeon and umbreon, just like Kirche,
but they were both female, unlike Clinton and Michael.
There was also a Dragonite and Arcannine,
both evolved forms of Emma and Matt.
She also had a Cahrizard and Maganium.
"Ooh, they look strong! Maybe they can help!"
Her Pokemon all chattered in agreement.
Image Image