Super Smash Bros Brawl: The Subspace Emissary

This is the forum to post any fanwork you have, such as fanfiction and fanart. Anything you post here must be fan-based (except cosplaying), for your own creations please see the appropriate forum below
WhoKnows_WhoCares
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
Custom Title: The Dark Trainer
Pokémon D/P Friend code: 438184851741

Super Smash Bros Brawl: The Subspace Emissary

Post by WhoKnows_WhoCares »

Chapter 1

The roar of the crowd could be heard whole kingdoms away. The stadium itself was the largest across the land, space not a problem as it floated in the sky, high above the ground. The stadium had been packed for today’s spectacular event, every seat in the place filled with a resident of one kingdom or another, having travelled far to see just this match alone. However, for the late arriving Peach, the lack of seating was not to be a problem for her.

“The Royal box, I am honoured for the invite to be here, Zelda.”

“And where else should a Princess be to witness this kind of competition?” The Hyrulian Princess had asked rhetorically, and Peach quietly nodded. She stood at the front of the balcony known as the royal box and gazed around the stadium.

“I don’t think I’ve ever seen this place so full,” Peach stated in awe as she continued her inspection.

“This place shines like a jewel when it’s full like this.” Zelda beamed with pride. A small twinkle in the sky had caught both hers and her fellow princess’ attentions. “I believe the show is about to start.”

The object flew through the air until the golden base landed perfectly on the floor, a glow covering the statue giving it vibrant colours, textures and life overall. The crowd cheered and chanted Mario’s name as he was fully revived from his motionless state. Everyone’s gaze was averted to the other side of the arena as another trophy flew through the air, glowing and coming back to life. The pink puffball it released landed on the ground, flattening somewhat before rounding out to his usually state, waving to the crowd’s cheers of Kirby.

“Without any further ado…” Zelda paused, the fighters squaring up ready for their start queue. “Begin!”

And they did, Mario and Kirby charged towards each other, Kirby ducking under Mario’s first punch, Mario dodging Kirby’s sword attack. Backwards and forwards the two fought, sometimes landing successful blows, sometimes being blocked or dodged.

“Go on, give him a left, and a right…”

High above the stadium, so high he was even above the clouds, a young angel was watching the battle with great enthusiasm. Using a magic viewing pool of water, the angel cheered and thrust his arms out in punches periodically as he viewed away from the action. As he watched on, Mario jumped over Kirby’s attempt to slice him with a sword, rolled back to his feet, turned around and hit a thunderous uppercut that sent Kirby high into the air, and came dropping to the floor, back to the lifeless statue he had started off as.

“Ya-HOOO!” the angel cheered as the match ended, pleased with the result.

Mario celebrated his victory briefly before walking over to his fallen opponent, slapping his hand against the trophies base, reactivating him and bringing the pink puffball to his original state. Or were the trophies in fact their natural state, and their life was something that was given to them by a higher power. It was not something that the denizens of this world ever thought about, all they knew was if they were to lose, they became a trophy.

“Yay, Mario!” Peach reservedly cheered from the sidelines. Mario and Kirby shook hands on the field below, both receiving cheers from the crowd. But the crowd grew silent as a darkness swept over the stadium. As everyone turned to the sky, they saw a giant ship with huge bat like wings fly steadily above them.

“Poyoo!” Kirby said angrily.

“I take it you know that ship?” Mario asked, while Kirby nodded affirmatively in response. When a set of doors on the underside of the ship opened up, the sky rained with millions of little purple spores. They started to move up of the ground, to gather and take shape, both Peach and Zelda, realising the potential threat, ran down the nearest set of stairs and jumped into the arena. Zelda teleporting down a few moments before Peach floated in.

The spores had assembled a shape: a funny candle like creature, green mostly, but with arms and legs, making it capable of fighting.

“Poyoo?”

“Kirby looks puzzled,” Zelda said.

“None of us recognise these creatures, Kirby,” Peach tried to reassure him.

“He knew the ship that dropped these things,” Mario started, “and he wasn’t happy to see it.”

It was a stand off for a moment, the 4 heroes standing guard, ready for a fight. It was one of their enemies that attacked first, jumping through the air. Kirby cut it off from its attack, quite latterly as he jumped in the air and sliced him with his sword. The creature fell apart into the many little spore-like pieces it had formed of before they faded away into nothing.

“Well, these things are easy enough to break apart,” Mario noted.

“Then let's break them,” Zelda replied, casting a fire spell at the creatures. Mario charged head on into a group of attackers with Kirby following closely behind.

“Can’t we just talk about this?” Peach asked an approaching enemy, hopeful of a peaceful solution, but when it jumped towards her to attack, she smacked it over the head with her umbrella. “No, I guess not.”

The four fought as hard as they could until every last soldier was defeated. The looked up towards the ship to see if any more would fall from the sky. But only one figure glided down towards them. Completely covered in a green cloak, his yellow eyes gave nothing away. As he approached the arena, he dropped the huge, round ball he was carrying underneath his floating platform and it crashed into the ground with an almighty thunk. Two robots moved from around the back of the device, and plugged their arms into some side slots in the ball. They nodded towards each other before driving themselves backwards, opening the device.

“Oh my!” Peach exclaimed as she looked upon the now open device, inside was a strange dark sphere encased inside a long, transparent cylinder. But it was the number display underneath that caught everyone’s attention, especially when it started counting down.

“It’s a Bomb!”

“That looks bigger than any bob-bomb I’ve ever seen,” Mario said before deciding to run towards it in the hopes of somehow stopping it. But there was a huge crash from behind him, behind his friends, and the plumber stopped in his tracks to look at what caused it. All he saw though was the cannonball that flew out and hit him with such intense force that he flew off, out of the arena and high into the sky above.

“Poyoo!” Kirby cried out for Mario in the only way he could, but he didn’t have long to reflect on Mario’s fate when Peach suddenly cried out.

“AGHHHH!” The Mushroom Princess yelled and Kirby’s attention had to be averted towards her. Only the Princess hadn’t been standing behind her where Kirby had last remembered her standing. Zelda was also nowhere near him when he looked around. The clanging of metal forced Kirby to look up, and there he found both Princesses, trapped in cages held by a giant plant.

“Oh why does this keep happening to me?” Zelda sighed as she gripped her cage bars for support.

“Petey Piranha?” Peach yelled in surprise when she recognised her captor. The plant just laughed.

“Kirby, any chance of some help?” Zelda asked, to which the Dream Land resident replied “Poyoo.”. Zelda guessed it must have been something along the lines of ‘let them go’.

Kirby launched an all out offensive on Petey, hitting him in his head and chest area, being very careful not to strike near the Princesses out of concern not to hurt them. Petey on the other hand wasn’t so concerned, and used the cages as both a shield and weapon, swinging them at Kirby, trying to knock the puffball out.

“Now that’s just being lazy,” Zelda commented after being swung about by Petey.

“POY…” Kirby yelled as he jumped high into the air, turning his body into a brick-like object, crashing down onto the top of Petey’s head, knocking the mutated Piranha Plant out cold. Pete crashed to the ground, his cages going with him. Kirby managed to catch Princess Peach as she fell to the ground out of her cage.

“WA-HA-HA!” the evil laughter echoed across the stadium, forcing Kirby and Peach to look around for the source. What they found was a wide fat man standing on one of the arena walls, holding a giant cannon of some sort.

“Wario?” Peach questioned with some disgust. “You are involved in all this?”

“I’m just here to pick up my prize,” Wario sneered. “After all, doesn’t the winner get a trophy?” he smirked as he said that line, about to aim his cannon at Peach when out of the corner of his eye he spotted Zelda crawling out from underneath the wreck of her fallen cage.

“That was not a nice landing,” she said as she stood up, brushing some dirt off her dress.

“An easy shot…” Wario said to himself as he aimed his gun, “but then, when did I ever do anything the hard way?” He fired the gun, a black arrow energy wave travelled from it straight towards the Hyrulian Princess. It hit her and instantly turned her to a statue.

“Zelda…” Peach tried to warn her friend too late.

“I’ll take that!” Wario said as he jumped down from where he was standing to pick up his prize. “I’ll just have to get you next time,” he said towards Peach before turning and running off. Kirby started to make chase towards him until Peach called him back

“Kirby, the bomb!” Peach yelled, and Kirby turned around to look at the bomb. It had 3 seconds left on it, and once they ticked away, it went boom and the stadium was engulfed in a massive orb of black energy.

Thankfully for Peach, Kirby had managed to call on a warpstar and grab her, flying them both away from the explosion quickly enough to not get caught in it. Maybe they would have a chance to rescue Zelda now.

The explosion had been the last straw for Palutena, the Goddess of Light. While her most loyal angel had been watching a fight from the mortal plain, he had also seen of the attack and the explosion following the competition. The second she appeared in the temple room, her angel had known, had seen, and had come over to kneel before her. She smiled softly. His loyalty had always warmed her, especially since she had not asked it from him.

“My lady,” the angel said as he knelt, ever proud to be in his Goddess’ presence.

“Pit, you are my most loyal angel,” she began. “You have seen the destruction that a new enemy to the world has caused.”

“I have, my lady.”

“The enemy calls itself the Subspace Army, their master seems to be the Ancient Minister, he was the one dressed in green who delivered that destructive device. I do not know if he is truly in charge, the truth behind this attack is clouded even from me.”

Pit was concerned that his Goddess did not know what was completely going on, something that he would have expected of her. However, he did his best to hide his concern. Palutena extended her hand and used her will to draw what appeared to be a bow into existence.

“Take this bow. Let its power aid you in defeating this evil.” The goddess gave the bow to Pit, two golden rings magically appearing around his arm when he held it.

“You have my word I will not fail.” Pit promised.

“Now go,” Palutena commanded, pointing towards the door for emphasis. Pit nodded in agreement and headed towards the door. He turned around to face his Goddess as the doors opened up, his wing fully extending. Then he fell backwards, into the sky, freefalling for a few moments before turning himself around, finally flying in the sky once more.

“And good luck, my angel.”
Member of the Umbreon Club - PM pikapower06 to Join.

Thanks to miradapurple for creating my cool avatar.

Pokémon Pearl FC: Ace/4381 8485 1741

Kikyo
Saffron City
Saffron City
Custom Title: Krazy Kat
Pokémon D/P Friend code: 0

Re: Super Smash Bros Brawl: The Subspace Emissary

Post by Kikyo »

Very nice!
Finally, someone's put actual speech to the characters!
Can't wait for more. ^__^
Image Image