Full Grunge/Tech Signature {Photoshop}

If you know of a neat trick or a useful feature to do with creating graphics share it here!

Moderator: Forum staff

stevie_2
Got Boulder Badge!
Got Boulder Badge!
Pokémon D/P Friend code: 0

Full Grunge/Tech Signature {Photoshop}

Post by stevie_2 »

There has been a problem with the tutorial for people using Photoshop Elements, so please don't ask how to do things using Elements because i don't know!

The brushes

Ok folks the brushes that i used for this are:

Set 1
Set 2

You may use them if you want but if you feel you have some better brushes then use them!

To load the brushes onto the Photoshop document, open up your brush window, click on the small button below close window, click on load brushes, and find the brush sets in the files you put them in and open!

The background

Now let's make a start on the signature!

Create a new document, i used 350 x 100 for mine, but any size will do!

Ok, now hit D on your keyboard, this will set your colours to default. Select the fill tool Image and fill the background with black

Now select the bursh tool Image and hit X on your keyboard, this will select white as the brush colour. Now select some of the brushes in set 2 and brush in different places on the background.

Youir image should look like something like the above!

Now select some of the the brushes in set 1. This is going to give the Tech effect of the signature! Before we begin to brush chang the optacity of the brush to 60%

Now brush in some tech things over the grunge background. You should get something like:

Adding the Image

Now for your image! Find an image you want an paste it onto your background.

As you can see i have a white background that game with the picture i'm using to get rid of this select the magic wand tool Image. Now click on the white parts and then hold Ctrl and X on your keyboard. Now you should have something like this:

Ok, now we need to get the image to blend in with your picture. Make sure you have selected the image layer

and hold CTRL, Shift and U on your keyboard. Your picture should look something like this:

Now if you want to keep it like this, scroll down until you come to the title Adding Text. If you want to give your image a fading sort of effect then keep reading.

Ok now goto layer>layer mask>hide all

Clam down we haven't lost your picture! Now select the brush tool Image and choose a brush from Set 2 which is big. Ok now depending on where your picture was start brushing there. As you can see the picture is starting to come out, now brush until your happy on how the pic is faded.

Adding Text
Now for the text, choose your text and type in what you want, make sure the text is white. Now right click on the text layer and click blending options

Ok and select these settings

Now click ok, and there you have the text. If you cant see it move the text around so that you can!

Adding Colour
Ok nearly done now, now go to Layer>new adjustment layer>color balance. Then click ok.
You can customize it to put your own colour in if you wish, i'll be using a blue colour scheme. Remember to click on shadow, midtones and highlight as it brings out a better effect than just midtone!

Those where the settings to mine now click ok. And there we have it your Grunge/Tech Signature!

All you have to do now is hold CTRL, Shift and E on your keyboard, this will merge all your layers into one!

If you have any problems with anything then please feel free to post them here. You can also post your results of using the tutorial if you wish!

Thanks!
Last edited by stevie_2 on Fri 12 Aug, 2005 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Want a piece of graphics like that in your signature? Then go request it!
Support the Pika Club! Link to us in your signatures on other websites!

Pikachu3828
Code Monkey
Code Monkey

Post by Pikachu3828 »

Excellent tutorial, very clear and precise :thumbsup: The end result is cool too, maybe if I get the time sometime I'll give it a go myself and post the result here :wink:

Favourites: :Gyarados: :Tyranitar: :Zangoose: :Drapion: Image

Red: 151/151 | Gold: 247/251 | Fire Red: 376/386 | Heart Gold: 493/493 | Black: 649/649

Please do not PM me about bugs on the Adoption Agency. Instead, make a topic in the bugs forum.

stevie_2
Got Boulder Badge!
Got Boulder Badge!

Post by stevie_2 »

Cheers Bud. Just thinking on what my next tut should be on :wink:
Want a piece of graphics like that in your signature? Then go request it!
Support the Pika Club! Link to us in your signatures on other websites!

Powerchu

Post by Powerchu »

Just send all elements related questions to me and I will try my best to answer them. I have elements 2.0.

Friend Code: 2466-7146-9497 (Ledyba, Illumise, Heracross)

Ash122122122
Cerulean City
Cerulean City

Post by Ash122122122 »

Great tutorial! It's too bad I don't have photoshop...

Yuki
Pallet Town

Post by Yuki »

great tut
i never made a tech thing in photoshop

kevis000131
I've been banned!

really good pics!

Post by kevis000131 »

^_^ ur pictures are really good!

Missingno
First Pokémon!

Post by Missingno »

Nice tutorial when I get the time I'm gonna make some more.
This is a signature...

Dekuben
Viridian City

Post by Dekuben »

Nice! Is it possible to do the tech thing with just photoshop? Soz it was a bit confusing for me, but i like the effects