In the Zohne's art gallery (update 2/15/11)

General forum for the discussion/showing off of art/sprites you have made. Preferably Pokémon-based, but it doesn't have to be!

Moderator: Forum staff

Zohne
First Pokémon!
Pokémon D/P Friend code: 0

In the Zohne's art gallery (update 2/15/11)

Post by Zohne »

Though I love getting positive feedback I love constructive criticism more, help a guy out.

Anyway I usually make 1-2 pictures a week, this year is like a practice year so I'll be good enough for next year.

I usually only do fan art of games so next to the picture I will put in parentheses the name of the game it's from so you don't have to ask and I don't have to answer.

I'll also update this post whenever I need to. If you want me to make something then suggest it and I'll consider making it, I'm not heartless you know.

December 2010(3):
Growlithe (Pokemon)
Monster from a game 1 (Neverdaunt 8bit)
Monster from a game 2 (Neverdaunt 8bit)

January 2011 pictures(6):
Game wallpaper 1 (Neverdaunt 8bit)
Game wallpaper 2 (Neverdaunt 8bit)
Game wallpaper 3 (Neverdaunt 8bit)
(sketch)Pink version of a monster from a game (Neverdaunt 8bit)
Shiny Latios (Pokemon)
Shiny Latias (Pokemon)
Mitzi and coffee (Animal Crossing)

*February 2011 pictures(1):
Snivy (Pokemon)
Cresselia (pokemon)

*In case you don't know how to use a calendar that is the month we're on which means that I can still add pictures to this month.
Last edited by Zohne on Wed 16 Feb, 2011 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pikachu3828
Code Monkey
Code Monkey

Re: In the Zohne's art gallery

Post by Pikachu3828 »

I'm not an artist so it is difficult for me to give constructive criticism but I can offer technical criticism.

In your Latias picture one wing is significantly smaller than the other and I don't think this is due to perspective because its tail wing thing is larger on the side that its wing is shorter. I also believe the eye is slightly too large for the head.

As for Latios I didn't think the wings looked quite right so I drew this up quick which shows the wings' natural progression:

As you can see, the wings don't appear to be of uniform perspective. I also believe the body is rolled slightly to the Latios' right as per the location of his arm sockets but this neck and head don't follow this angle either.

On the whole though I liked your gallery. You've developed a distinct art style of your own which, to me, is very reminiscent of Japanese anime/video games etc. Not very many varied colours or complexity but a lot of character. I particularly like the Snivy and the angle you drew it from. It's a difficult one to get correct perspective wise but I can find no fault with it :)

Favourites: :Gyarados: :Tyranitar: :Zangoose: :Drapion: Image

Red: 151/151 | Gold: 247/251 | Fire Red: 376/386 | Heart Gold: 493/493 | Black: 649/649

Please do not PM me about bugs on the Adoption Agency. Instead, make a topic in the bugs forum.

Zohne
First Pokémon!

Re: In the Zohne's art gallery

Post by Zohne »

Pikachu3828 wrote:I'm not an artist so it is difficult for me to give constructive criticism but I can offer technical criticism.

In your Latias picture one wing is significantly smaller than the other and I don't think this is due to perspective because its tail wing thing is larger on the side that its wing is shorter. I also believe the eye is slightly too large for the head.

As for Latios I didn't think the wings looked quite right so I drew this up quick which shows the wings' natural progression:

As you can see, the wings don't appear to be of uniform perspective. I also believe the body is rolled slightly to the Latios' right as per the location of his arm sockets but this neck and head don't follow this angle either.

On the whole though I liked your gallery. You've developed a distinct art style of your own which, to me, is very reminiscent of Japanese anime/video games etc. Not very many varied colours or complexity but a lot of character. I particularly like the Snivy and the angle you drew it from. It's a difficult one to get correct perspective wise but I can find no fault with it :)
Of course the Snivy would be the best so far, it's the latest one I've made.

As for the Latios and Latias I had troubles making them because perspective has never been my strong point. Of course I'm trying to work on that though.

Zohne
First Pokémon!

Re: In the Zohne's art gallery (update 2/15/11)

Post by Zohne »

New picture now. It's been a while since I updated because I was sick and had bronchitis for a week and missed an entire week of school but luckily I didn't miss anything.