Sage's Art

General forum for the discussion/showing off of art/sprites you have made. Preferably Pokémon-based, but it doesn't have to be!

Moderator: Forum staff

SageOfMagic
Vermilion City
Vermilion City
Pokémon D/P Friend code: 0

Re: Sage's Art

Post by SageOfMagic »

http://youtu.be/lMLuX6DxD1U
Finished 2d demo reel

Pikachu3828
Code Monkey
Code Monkey

Post by Pikachu3828 »

That's really cool, what year are you in at university now?

Favourites: :Gyarados: :Tyranitar: :Zangoose: :Drapion: Image

Red: 151/151 | Gold: 247/251 | Fire Red: 376/386 | Heart Gold: 493/493 | Black: 649/649

Please do not PM me about bugs on the Adoption Agency. Instead, make a topic in the bugs forum.

SageOfMagic
Vermilion City
Vermilion City

Post by SageOfMagic »

Pikachu3828 wrote:That's really cool, what year are you in at university now?
I'm not even sure at this point. I've been in school since 2008, but because of a major change I obviously haven't graduated XD I will officially graduate spring 2015, though, after finishing a short film in my class. Then it's hopefully off to grad school for a degree in game design.

Pikachu3828
Code Monkey
Code Monkey

Post by Pikachu3828 »

Wow haha I entered university in 2008 too and it will be 2 years since I graduated in September. What did you start off studying and what did you switch to?

Red: 151/151 | Gold: 247/251 | Fire Red: 376/386 | Heart Gold: 493/493 | Black: 649/649

Please do not PM me about bugs on the Adoption Agency. Instead, make a topic in the bugs forum.

SageOfMagic
Vermilion City
Vermilion City

Post by SageOfMagic »

I started off in something called Digital Arts and Sciences. My university claimed it was an animation equivalent, and since they were a REALLY well known university in my state I believed them. Buuut they lied. It had two classes in animation, and the rest of the four years were computer engineering courses. After 3 years of high level math, physics, chemistry, and computer programming I transferred to a different school (my current one) into a temporary hold major called 'Emerging Media'. This university is actually known for animation and releases two student made films per year that you work in teams of 15 to complete. To get into the major though you need to meet some requirements and also pass a portfolio review. I went through that last year and was one of 29 students to get in. So now my major is Character Animation.

Hilariously we share the same exact building as the Game Design grad students which is why I'd like to apply there once I graduate. Animation is fun, but what I REALLY want to do is work on the art and story for videogames.

Pikachu3828
Code Monkey
Code Monkey

Post by Pikachu3828 »

I can maybe kind of see how they might be able to justify maths and physics for computer engineering but I'm completely lost as to how chemistry is relevant.

SageOfMagic
Vermilion City
Vermilion City

Post by SageOfMagic »

Your guess is as good as mine. I could understand the physics and math as well but chemistry...that was a weird one...

AnnekaLily
Pokémon D/P Friend code: 408124448212

Post by AnnekaLily »

Looks really good Sage, keep it up!

Pokémon Pearl FC: Anneka/4081 2444 8212

SageOfMagic
Vermilion City
Vermilion City

Post by SageOfMagic »

I accidentally double posted OTL whoops
Well...have some 3d animations I did here >A>;;;
http://youtu.be/zYvbAXgzhjA
http://youtu.be/XgQYs2uNCL4
Last edited by SageOfMagic on Sat 22 Feb, 2014 6:07 am, edited 3 times in total.

SageOfMagic
Vermilion City
Vermilion City

Post by SageOfMagic »

Thank you!
And here's some new stuff
I had to recreate a scene for my class based off a picture. I made everything shown except the guy. He's a model called Morpheus who's free online.