The Mew Factor

This forum is for discussion of Nintendo DS Pokémon games.

Moderator: Forum staff

Shrine Sprite
Saffron City
Saffron City
Custom Title: Delinquent
Pokémon D/P Friend code: 0

The Mew Factor

Post by Shrine Sprite »

As some of you MD players know... Mew is a pain to recruit.
Share some stories or tips and tricks to obtaining Mew in this thread.

I just had a very interesting experience today. You see, I was in the Buried Relic, not to catch Mew, but to catch the three Regis. The first two, (Rock
and Ice) I had no luck on. I managed to recruit Registeel though. I immediately thought that it would be safest to use my escape orb. My
obliviousness caught me; apparently you cannot use orbs in the areas where you fight the Regis. My only way to escape the horrid 99 floor
dungeon was gone. The only thing I had was Registeel and the few items that I found in the lower floors. I managed to get through the dungeon;
almost died of hunger several times (Thanks to my Sleep powder/Leech Seed Combo ;) ). Registeel died by falling through one of those trap doors. >_< The strange thing is though... I saw (and beat) Mew four different times! I didn't recruit him though. The second time however, I recruited him upon first sight!

For those who are having trouble:
  • Keep an eye on that map! - A majority of the pokemon in there won't go on water. Mew can!
    Make sure that you can travel where you please - Raising your IQ to the acme (you will be able to walk on water and dig through walls) is the best way to approach this. I found Mew in water three times.
    Watch the Message Log - Mew can be pretty tricky. Especially with that transform of his. If Mew uses Transform you may see it on your message log. The first time I saw Mew, it was disguised with the look of Shedinja. If he had not used Metronome, I would've completely overlooked him.