New Forum Board Suggestion

This is the forum to post any ideas and/or suggestions you have regarding this website.

Moderator: Forum staff

Fazzy
Cinnabar Island
Cinnabar Island
Pokémon D/P Friend code: 313648434588

New Forum Board Suggestion

Post by Fazzy »

I think we need a board on Music, TV, Movies, Phones, and other stuff. Call it "Entertainment". Go in the General Category. That's what I think.
Well, Timmy, aren't you being a cotton-headed ninny muggins.

Shrine Sprite
Saffron City
Saffron City
Custom Title: Delinquent
Pokémon D/P Friend code: 0

Re: New Forum Board Suggestion

Post by Shrine Sprite »

"Entertainment" seems to General. I find Walruses entertaining but they wouldn't fall under that type of forum.
I like the idea though. However, I think a better name would be "Media".
Or something along those lines,

LordLucario123
Seafoam Islands
Seafoam Islands
Custom Title: HUMAN Lv100

Post by LordLucario123 »

Well since those four fall in the catagory of electronics, how about calling it 'Electronics' itself?

Kikyo
Saffron City
Saffron City
Custom Title: Krazy Kat

Post by Kikyo »

LordLucario123 wrote:Well since those four fall in the catagory of electronics, how about calling it 'Electronics' itself?
No, that'd be misleading.
Music/Movies/TV are viewed on electronics,
but they're not really counted as such.
Media is a good name;
it could also include online fads/youtube and stuff.
Image Image

melonrime
Viridian City

Post by melonrime »

This is just a suggestion for the name maybe for this forum
i was sort of thinking.
Recreational Media
melonrime@hotmail.com hey come talk with me/doodle :]
just give me a messege when you add me as a firend so i know who you are.
Image Help Hatch my egg by clicking it :]

Pikachu90000
Pokémon master
Pokémon master
Location: The People's Democratic Sovereign Elitist Commonwealth of the Union of Cascadia

Post by Pikachu90000 »

I personally think that General Chat pretty much covers these topics. There aren't a lot of posts relating to this matter in General Chat so I don't see why this is needed. My 2 cents.
Have questions regarding about The Pika Club? The Pika Club Guide and FAQ

Fazzy
Cinnabar Island
Cinnabar Island
Pokémon D/P Friend code: 313648434588

Post by Fazzy »

But General Chat is.... too general. Anything could go in there. We need it to be more.... Focused on something. Be more organized.
Well, Timmy, aren't you being a cotton-headed ninny muggins.

pikapower06
Indigo Plateau
Indigo Plateau

Post by pikapower06 »

Pikachu90000 wrote:I personally think that General Chat pretty much covers these topics. There aren't a lot of posts relating to this matter in General Chat so I don't see why this is needed. My 2 cents.
Fazzy wrote:But General Chat is.... too general. Anything could go in there. We need it to be more.... Focused on something. Be more organized.
Actually, he has a point Fazzy. I've seen people make boards, and then they aren't used. If it isn't accepted, the best way to show it's a 'good' idea is to have more, and diverse topics over it in the General chat. Nothing 'spam worthy' like "Who's your favorite artist?", but something that makes you think, based upon the media itself. (Doesn't have to be a lot, generally show it can generate sentence-post response or better.)

If no interest is being shown, or not enough as Pikachu90000 said, then there is no reason for the board. Enough said. You'll all rave over it, but it'll die out in the end, you see? If there is a lot of interest thrown about over it, then it would make sense for it.

Personally though, I like the idea. Just because I am big on Music. The rest aren't my main interest, but I love my tunes, and on 'good' days I can be quite the little 'genius'/'critic'/'interpreter' with me music. c:
Pokemon -- Roleplaying -- Fun!
Come start your journey today!
It's fun, AND we're active!

Kikyo
Saffron City
Saffron City
Custom Title: Krazy Kat

Post by Kikyo »

pikapower06 wrote:
Pikachu90000 wrote:I personally think that General Chat pretty much covers these topics. There aren't a lot of posts relating to this matter in General Chat so I don't see why this is needed. My 2 cents.
Fazzy wrote:But General Chat is.... too general. Anything could go in there. We need it to be more.... Focused on something. Be more organized.
Actually, he has a point Fazzy. I've seen people make boards, and then they aren't used. If it isn't accepted, the best way to show it's a 'good' idea is to have more, and diverse topics over it in the General chat. Nothing 'spam worthy' like "Who's your favorite artist?", but something that makes you think, based upon the media itself. (Doesn't have to be a lot, generally show it can generate sentence-post response or better.)

If no interest is being shown, or not enough as Pikachu90000 said, then there is no reason for the board. Enough said. You'll all rave over it, but it'll die out in the end, you see? If there is a lot of interest thrown about over it, then it would make sense for it.

Personally though, I like the idea. Just because I am big on Music. The rest aren't my main interest, but I love my tunes, and on 'good' days I can be quite the little 'genius'/'critic'/'interpreter' with me music. c:
If in the future General gets too clogged,
then we can create more specific topics.
Right now, we don't have that many people, so there's no need to create one yet.
It is a good idea, though, for the future.
Image Image