Scary

Talk about the Pokémon anime, TV series or movies and the Pokémon manga in here.

Moderator: Forum staff

Pika chan
Pewter City

Scary

Post by Pika chan »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1An4347rvKU
A friend of mine showed me this, new VA's.

The new vioces are scary. Ash is the worse though, what have they down to you ash? A misty sounds pretty funky to. A james some weird also. The vioces hurt, poor pokemon series.

Pikachu3828
Code Monkey
Code Monkey
Pokémon D/P Friend code: 0

Post by Pikachu3828 »

Ugh, those sound horrific. I guess the fan effort didn't work then.

Ash doesn't even sound like a kid anymore! The new voices are bland and generic - the older ones had some more character and originality to them, like Jessie and James'.

Favourites: :Gyarados: :Tyranitar: :Zangoose: :Drapion: Image

Red: 151/151 | Gold: 247/251 | Fire Red: 376/386 | Heart Gold: 493/493 | Black: 649/649

Please do not PM me about bugs on the Adoption Agency. Instead, make a topic in the bugs forum.

Pikachu90000
Pokémon master
Pokémon master
Location: The People's Democratic Sovereign Elitist Commonwealth of the Union of Cascadia

Post by Pikachu90000 »

I'm gonna rant for a while now: I got to hear what it was on here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvXWEm-R ... emon%20USA
Ash- He does sound older, that's good, but the quality sounds like a girl with a very deep voice, but without the girl sterotyping. I'll give it a 5/10
Misty - Sounds very very squeaky, doesn't have that old redhead flare that it used to have. 7/10.
Jessie - Sounds okay, not bad or good. 6/10
James - Sounds like an English version of himself. It still has that kind of voice that Eric Stuart used to do, but it aian't the same. 7/10
Meowth- What the heck? Sound like an old grandpa with a New York accent. Very weird... 2/10
May - Uh... way too mature, we know that looks older than your average 10 year old girl, but what the heck? It sounds like she hit puberty and aged 10 years...
Max - Fairly good, sounds a bit more mature, I don't have a problem with this. 9/10
Brock - What the heck again, Brock is NOT *. He is a lonely person that doesn't have a girlfriend. He does not need a * lisp, that would be more suitable on Harley or James. 2/10
Have questions regarding about The Pika Club? The Pika Club Guide and FAQ

Pikachu3828
Code Monkey
Code Monkey

Post by Pikachu3828 »

I just watched that video and I have to say I agree with you entirely - especially on May and Brock; those two were the worst affected. Ash and Misty actually don't sound that bad. Squirtle was a bit too high-pitched, though.

Red: 151/151 | Gold: 247/251 | Fire Red: 376/386 | Heart Gold: 493/493 | Black: 649/649

Please do not PM me about bugs on the Adoption Agency. Instead, make a topic in the bugs forum.

Pika chan
Pewter City

Post by Pika chan »

I also just watched the video, and almost died. What did they do to may? That vioce it way to mature for her just as pikachu90000 said. Max sounds almost the same. And brock is just funky. I think I'm going to e-mail them. Because I will die if I have to wacth pokemon with those VA's.

*dies* Okay, on another forum were talking about this, and bad things:
Christopher wrote:Everyones voice change enjoy?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvXWEm-RFxM
Another clip...enjoy?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gj9HG_wRRSY
The new opening?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCVER4m9Hlo
One Abbrivtaion: OMG.
Yeah, the opening is rap. o_o
And aparently 4kids has no license to pokemon anyways:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=8081

Yellow-Chan
Lavender Town
Lavender Town

Post by Yellow-Chan »

Uhhhg! May voice is horrible! It sounds more like Jesse then May. if anything it helps me appreciate her old voice actor more. and Ash sounds like Butch. If gonna have to put up with those two then at lest keep the old voice actor, and don't hurt my ears!

Pikachu90000
Pokémon master
Pokémon master
Location: The People's Democratic Sovereign Elitist Commonwealth of the Union of Cascadia

Post by Pikachu90000 »

Since they are using 4Kids VA's, why not let the old cast back?
Have questions regarding about The Pika Club? The Pika Club Guide and FAQ

Pikachu3828
Code Monkey
Code Monkey

Post by Pikachu3828 »

From what I've heard the new VA cast is cheaper.

HarukaChan

Post by HarukaChan »

Misty and Max sound okay, May sounds like a valley girl, James sounds even MORE flamboyant, and Brock sounds the same- only with emphesema. Don't get me started on Ash!!! XP

BRING BACK THE OLD VAs!!!

Nuriko55020
First Pokémon!

Post by Nuriko55020 »

The new characters are okay,but the voice actors not really.........

eva97
First Pokémon!

Re: Scary

Post by eva97 »

Oh !! its didn't scare me a lots .. I want something else with creepy voices of horror to get scariest

aden
Viridian City

Re:

Post by aden »

Pikachu90000 wrote:I'm gonna rant for a while now: I got to hear what it was on here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvXWEm-R ... emon%20USA
Ash- He does sound older, that's good, but the quality sounds like a girl with a very deep voice, but without the girl sterotyping. I'll give it a 5/10
Misty - Sounds very very squeaky, doesn't have that old redhead flare that it used to have. 7/10.
Jessie - Sounds okay, not bad or good. 6/10
James - Sounds like an English version of himself. It still has that kind of voice that Eric Stuart used to do, but it aian't the same. 7/10
Meowth- What the heck? Sound like an old grandpa with a New York accent. Very weird... 2/10
May - Uh... way too mature, we know that looks older than your average 10 year old girl, but what the heck? It sounds like she hit puberty and aged 10 years...
Max - Fairly good, sounds a bit more mature, I don't have a problem with this. 9/10
Brock - What the heck again, Brock is NOT *. He is a lonely person that doesn't have a girlfriend. He does not need a * lisp, that would be more suitable on Harley or James. 2/10

I really like the source that you have shared with all of us.It is too wonderful.

samuelpetter
First Pokémon!

Post by samuelpetter »

I'm not scaring!!!!

Haru Totetsu
Vermilion City
Vermilion City

Post by Haru Totetsu »

I don't know...I think Ash sound a little more gruff so to me it makes him seem older, which they forbid in the Anime because he's still 10...which I really hate. Do they think kids are really so dumb as to get into something, find out all about it and not notice that at least 1 year has passed?

Though one thing I do hate about it is that they did it to save money. What? We aren't worth the extra cash?

alberthunt
Pallet Town

Post by alberthunt »

Nice movie to scare anyone..