Tier Blues?

Talk about any of the Pokémon video games outside of those with their own forums.

Moderator: Forum staff

zen
Indigo Plateau
Indigo Plateau
Pokémon D/P Friend code: 0

Tier Blues?

Post by zen »

Has anyone had a favorite pokemon that they stopped raising because they found it was at a low tier? It frustrates me to see that only a few of the... who knows how many pokemon we have now, 500?... are at the top. Some cool pokemon like Octillery and Kabutops go unused for me, and I think it's a shame they aren't more powerful.

So now you've heard my views on that, let me ask you one other question: Which pokemon do you think deserves a power-boost in the next game?

-Zen
ImageImage
Bio is incredible:http://www.studiodaily.com/main/techniq ... /6850.html

The universe is not indifferent to intelligence, it is actively hostile to it.

Pikachu3828
Code Monkey
Code Monkey

Re: Tier Blues?

Post by Pikachu3828 »

I don't play competitive battling so this issue wouldn't affect me.

However, as far as I'm aware most of my favourites are at least somewhat decent fighters, although do correct me if I'm wrong: Gyarados, Tyranitar, Zangoose and Drapion.

Favourites: :Gyarados: :Tyranitar: :Zangoose: :Drapion: Image

Red: 151/151 | Gold: 247/251 | Fire Red: 376/386 | Heart Gold: 493/493 | Black: 649/649

Please do not PM me about bugs on the Adoption Agency. Instead, make a topic in the bugs forum.

Shrine Sprite
Saffron City
Saffron City
Custom Title: Delinquent

Post by Shrine Sprite »

Pikachu3828 wrote:I don't play competitive battling so this issue wouldn't affect me.

However, as far as I'm aware most of my favourites are at least somewhat decent fighters, although do correct me if I'm wrong: Gyarados, Tyranitar, Zangoose and Drapion.
You're half-correct; Gyaradaos and Tyranitar are OU tier, but Drapion and Zangoose are BL/UU.

And this had affected my decisions for team building a few times. I tried training a Politoad, and a Garchomp before, but both of those are restricted by being too bad /good respectively [I'm still in shock that Garchomp was moved to Uber tier!].

In a few times, though, I managed to find a niche for BL pokemon in OU teams. Amibipom, Porygon2, and Gardevoir come to mind.

Anyway, Politoad, Wigglytuff, Clefable, Lanturn, Plusle, Minun, Butterfree, Mothim, Rotom, Shuckle, Mantine, Cacturne and Xatu all need boost, whether by stats or moves.

WhoKnows_WhoCares
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
Custom Title: The Dark Trainer
Pokémon D/P Friend code: 438184851741

Post by WhoKnows_WhoCares »

isnt that why people make entire UU Teams... i thought the idea of a UU team wasnt how well it could beat everyone, but the idea of the combinations, the movesets and the pokemon in the team itself.

but what do i know about competitive battling - not a lot.
Member of the Umbreon Club - PM pikapower06 to Join.

Thanks to miradapurple for creating my cool avatar.

Pokémon Pearl FC: Ace/4381 8485 1741

Haru Totetsu
Vermilion City
Vermilion City

Post by Haru Totetsu »

Personally I ignore those factors and just play the game. Its more fun for me that way.

But for the sake of argument, I'd have to agree with WhoKnows_WhoCares.