i caught mew in pokeom yellow version!!

Discuss all matters related to Gameboy/Gameboy Color Pokémon games here.

Moderator: Forum staff

Dark Shocktail
Viridian Forest
Pokémon D/P Friend code: 0

Post by Dark Shocktail »

Wow. I know how this works! The whole trick, both in RB/Y, works based on the trainer that you avoided battling, either by fly or (in this video) teleport. It's a little complex...

The trainer you avoid must have a Pokemon of certain stats. When you don't battle the trainer, not only does the game remember that a battle didn't take place it also remembers the stats.

However - and this is when it gets tricky - the stats get combined with the trainer you battle afterwards. These stats determine the Pokemon number and level you fight. And of course, when you return to the route it remembers that the battle never took place and starts it.

So in this way you can actually catch any Pokemon you want if you're not interested in Mew.
My cheeks are overloading, my teeth are bared and I have a target painted all over you...

WARNING: My internet sometimes has a fit and dies unexpectedly. Blame it on Windows!

cheerio495
Fuschia City
Fuschia City

Post by cheerio495 »

Can you please tell me what battle i have to avoid and please try to explain it better for me. Thanks. :)
First to have: Ledian, Venomoth, and Persain

Pikachu90000
Pokémon master
Pokémon master
Location: The People's Democratic Sovereign Elitist Commonwealth of the Union of Cascadia

Post by Pikachu90000 »

Read the sticky at the topic of this forum.
Have questions regarding about The Pika Club? The Pika Club Guide and FAQ

JRlv100
Viridian Forest
Pokémon D/P Friend code: 416743326001

Re: i caught mew in pokeom yellow version!!

Post by JRlv100 »

Do NOT EVER NEVER FOREVER try that Mew Trick on Pokemon Yellow or might catch a Missingno. that makes the "Curse of the Yellow Missingno."It might sound fake,but here are the efects:Migh turn into a Rindorn,Glitch up game,Erase your game,? will HAUNT U,Make your game blank(The gameboy will take it as if no cardige was incentered),And make your game unascesable to Pokemon stadioum. I give credit to www.TRSrockin.com for the info!
CHOCODOOBIE!!!

Pikachu90000
Pokémon master
Pokémon master
Location: The People's Democratic Sovereign Elitist Commonwealth of the Union of Cascadia

Post by Pikachu90000 »

Yes, I'm sure that was stated somewhere before in this topic, but I've never heard of it turning into a "Rindorn", or ? haunting "U", whatever the "U" means and I never heard of any game called "Pokemon stadioum". :roll:
Last edited by Pikachu90000 on Sat 14 Jun, 2008 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Have questions regarding about The Pika Club? The Pika Club Guide and FAQ

JRlv100
Viridian Forest
Pokémon D/P Friend code: 416743326001

Post by JRlv100 »

Sorry!When I meant is that the yellow Missingno. Reverts back into Rhydon because its HEX value is very high.Rhydon's HEX value is 01 so thats why.What I meant to say by "? will haunt you"It means that sometimes when you use Missingno. in battle theres a 90/100 persent that the battle becomes glitched.Like Pokemon leaving part of is name when it faints,and millions of ? apear all over the scren,or the game re-starts.Pokmon Stadium is a Pokemon game for the N64 that fetures the tranfer pak that lest you tranfer Pokemon to the N64. :)
CHOCODOOBIE!!!