In Red and blue who has Mew?

Discuss all matters related to Gameboy/Gameboy Color Pokémon games here.

Moderator: Forum staff

Did you catch Mew?

Yes, it was easy
50%
Yes, but scarcely
11%
No, I almost had it
No votes
No, I wasn't even close
No votes
I didn't try
39%

Total votes: 28

Deadly Sneasel
Viridian City
Pokémon D/P Friend code: 0

In Red and blue who has Mew?

Post by Deadly Sneasel »

I caught Mew but with 1 Pok?ball left.

Pikachu3828
Code Monkey
Code Monkey

Post by Pikachu3828 »

Yes, I have it, but I can't remember how I got it, that's going back a looooong time, I think a friend got one for me using his Gameshark and traded me for it. In any case, I don't think I was the one that tried to catch it.

Favourites: :Gyarados: :Tyranitar: :Zangoose: :Drapion: Image

Red: 151/151 | Gold: 247/251 | Fire Red: 376/386 | Heart Gold: 493/493 | Black: 649/649

Please do not PM me about bugs on the Adoption Agency. Instead, make a topic in the bugs forum.

Pikachu90000
Pokémon master
Pokémon master
Location: The People's Democratic Sovereign Elitist Commonwealth of the Union of Cascadia

Post by Pikachu90000 »

yes, due to the mew trick :smile: and a confident addutiue. *damn my spellchecker can't pick up that word!*
Have questions regarding about The Pika Club? The Pika Club Guide and FAQ

Pikachu3828
Code Monkey
Code Monkey

Post by Pikachu3828 »

Pikachu90000 wrote:yes, due to the mew trick :smile: and a confident addutiue. *damn my spellchecker can't pick up that word!*
Does it have a personal dictionary, or the ability to add your own words? If so, add "attitude"

Favourites: :Gyarados: :Tyranitar: :Zangoose: :Drapion: Image

Red: 151/151 | Gold: 247/251 | Fire Red: 376/386 | Heart Gold: 493/493 | Black: 649/649

Please do not PM me about bugs on the Adoption Agency. Instead, make a topic in the bugs forum.

Pikachu90000
Pokémon master
Pokémon master
Location: The People's Democratic Sovereign Elitist Commonwealth of the Union of Cascadia

Post by Pikachu90000 »

yes.... I added it. The name of it is called SpellBound

TaylorGS
Got Marsh Badge!
Got Marsh Badge!

Post by TaylorGS »

I didn't try the catching trick cause I don't want to restart my games... too hard to start over...
But however, a gym leader at a Pokémon League gave me his Blue version (and a Red too for keeps) and it had Mew on it which he got from one of those event-things... also the Blue contained a Silver trophy for GSC. I miss that League.

Pikachu90000
Pokémon master
Pokémon master

Post by Pikachu90000 »

What leauge???

TaylorGS
Got Marsh Badge!
Got Marsh Badge!

Post by TaylorGS »

A Pokémon TCG League in Florida. That place was fun.

MrPikachu
Pallet Town

Mew is easy to catch.

Post by MrPikachu »

It is real easy to get a real mew. I got mine without a gameshark. You can only get one in Blue. For Green or Yellow I think you need a gameshark, unless you use Pika9's code/glitch.

Actually you will get either a Kangaskhan, or a Mew, depending on what you do. I have tested this myself in Blue, but I warn you to send all your good pokemon to a friend before doing this, as it could seriousy mess up your game if it is not done correctly. Believe me. I regretted catching Missingno at first. I had to start all over. Furthermore, doing this trick WILL mess up your Elite Four Hall of Fame. You have been warned.

First of all, you must catch Missingno. Yes, I said to catch it. However, make sure that your first ten listed items are grouped. In other words, they should all have a number beside them, showing how many of each you have. Why? Because the item in one of the first ten slots will immeadiatly contain 199 of that item. Items without numbers, if you try to deposit them, you will only be able to deposit one at a time.

After catching it, you need to make it level up. The way you do this determines the pokemon is evolves into. I forget which is which, but I think you get a Mew if you level it up naturally, and a Kangaskhan if you feed it a rare candy. Or vice-versa.

PS: If you think that a real Mew is given to you only by Nintendo, think again. My brother won a contest, in which he got Mew as a prize in Pokemon Yellow. Guess what? I watched the Nintendo person while he did it, and he used a GameShark.

PPS: If you think I'm wrong, at least try it first. Remember, it only works in Pokemon Blue, as far as I know.

Update: Thanks for telling me it doesn't work on Red, Pikachu9000.
Last edited by MrPikachu on Thu 10 Mar, 2005 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pikachu90000
Pokémon master
Pokémon master

Re: Mew is easy to catch.

Post by Pikachu90000 »

MrPikachu wrote:It is real easy to get a real mew. I got mine without a gameshark. You can only get one in Red or Blue. For Green or Yellow I think you need a gameshark.

Actually you will get either a Kangaskhan, or a Mew, depending on what you do. I have tested this myself, but I warn you to send all your good pokemon to a friend before doing this, as it could seriousy mess up your game if it is not done correctly. Furthermore, doing this trick WILL mess up your Elite Four Hall of Fame. You have been warned.

First of all, you must catch Missingno. Yes, I said to catch it. However, make sure that your first ten listed items are grouped. In other words, they should all have a number beside them, showing how many of each you have. Why? Because the item in one of the first ten slots will immeadiatly contain 199 of that item. Items without numbers, if you try to deposit them, you will only be able to deposit one at a time.

After catching it, you need to make it level up. The way you do this determines the pokemon is evolves into. I forget which is which, but I think you get a Mew if you level it up naturally, and a Kangaskhan if you feed it a rare candy. Or vice-versa.

PS: If you think that a real Mew is given to you only by Nintendo, think again. My brother won a contest, in which he got Mew as a prize in Pokemon Yellow. Guess what? I watched the Nintendo person while he did it, and he used a GameShark.

PPS: If you think I'm wrong, at least try it first. Also, if this doesn't work on Red, please tell me.
I tried it on Red. It does not work. I tried that way before you posted that

MrPikachu
Pallet Town

Post by MrPikachu »

Thanks for the info, Pika9. One interesting thing though. Your way works only once, whereas the one I posted works indefinitely. Theoretically, couldn't you have infinite Mew's (Or Kangaskhan's)? :?:

Demonwing
Viridian Forest

Post by Demonwing »

it worked for me on red blue and yellow o.o, i used the trainer in the grass in nugget bridge, and here was my yellow party while fighting misty
Pikachu lvl 19
Mew lvl 23
Mew lvl 21
Bulbasaur lvl 13
Charmander lvl 8
Pidgeotto lvl 19

both the trainer with slowpoke and the swimmer in mistys gym give mews =)
Because of those Mews, it was easier to beat a few gyms. Later on, i started a New game a few times on my other versions to trade Mews, and eventually had 8 Mews, 6 for roster and 2 for trade =) Most of my friends didnt know the Mew cheat and gave me lots of things for the Mews. It has high stats, so it can be useful, and i had them have diff attacks to counter all types. Since Dark wasnt invented back in rby, no one could beat me =) If you want a good team, get a Mew or a few =p It works on green too, tested it on mines.

Pikachugirl23
First Pokémon!

Post by Pikachugirl23 »

I actually got a mew from my cousin, He'd won one from a contest at a toys r us that his mom worked at, at the time, he cloned it for me, plus gave me a few lower level ones. I've also had celebi, which I got when I bought a second crystal game, because mine had gotten lost, it was on the game I bought and I just traded it over to another game of mine and restarted the crystal game.

Secreyes
Vermilion City
Vermilion City

Post by Secreyes »

Caching mew does not mess up your game/hall of fame and if you don't
ecsacly follow the instrutions to get it insted you get a level 7 Nidoquenn insted of a level 7 mew.

Pikachu90000
Pokémon master
Pokémon master

Post by Pikachu90000 »

If you do screw up you get nothing not a Nidoqueen