Black & White Set Discussion

Forum for talk related to the Pokémon Trading Card Game, both for real and fake cards.

Moderator: Raikou Trainer

Raikou Trainer
Pokémon D/P Friend code: 0

Black & White Set Discussion

Post by Raikou Trainer »

Yeah, the TCG section is kinda dead at the moment. I thought I'd try to get some discussion going on the latest TCG set, Black & White. This thread is to discuss anything regarding the Black & White TCG set, such as favorite and least favorite cards, combos, etc.

As for me, my favorite cards from this set include Serperior (the one with the Royal Heal Ability), Sawk, Krookodile (gotta love the attack Krookoroll!) and Zoroark.

Also, I got a booster box of this set today and pulled both the Reshiram and Zekrom full art cards, but I did not get the Pikachu. My box was one of the ones that contained the TCG Online code cards that I mentioned in my news story. Each of the packs in my box had a code card, so basically I have 36 code cards in my possession. Now I'm thinking about getting another box and see how my luck turns out.

WhoKnows_WhoCares
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
Custom Title: The Dark Trainer
Pokémon D/P Friend code: 438184851741

Re: Black & White Set Discussion

Post by WhoKnows_WhoCares »

i've got some of the cards (but not a full box) - cant say i'm liking much of this new set... the new abilities feature seems to be vastly under used as far as i can see. I would have said that there was nothing i wanted to put into my dark deck, but if the new set switch does kick in early my deck is pretty much scrap anyway, so meh. maybe its a good thing i'm not really playing anymore

also - 36 online codes? your going to have a LOT of inventory to play with if you get more for multiple code use on the TCG
Member of the Umbreon Club - PM pikapower06 to Join.

Thanks to miradapurple for creating my cool avatar.

Pokémon Pearl FC: Ace/4381 8485 1741

Raikou Trainer

Post by Raikou Trainer »

WhoKnows_WhoCares wrote:i've got some of the cards (but not a full box) - cant say i'm liking much of this new set... the new abilities feature seems to be vastly under used as far as i can see.
Give them time. When Pokemon Powers, Poke-Powers and Poke-Bodies were first introduced, there weren't many of them around, but became more widespread in later sets.
WhoKnows_WhoCares wrote:I would have said that there was nothing i wanted to put into my dark deck, but if the new set switch does kick in early my deck is pretty much scrap anyway, so meh. maybe its a good thing i'm not really playing anymore
Liepard and Zoroark are actually really good for a Dark based deck. Liepard can do 60 damage for 2 Energy if at least one of them is Darkness, even more with Special Darkness energy. Zoroark can either search your deck for any card for one Darkness Energy, or can copy an opponent's attack for two of any Energy.

I last remembered you using Tyranitar Prime. Mandibuzz would be a great card to add to that deck, since for one Darkness Energy, you can do 50 damage to any Pokemon with damage already on it, which works great with Tyranitar's Darkness Howl.
WhoKnows_WhoCares wrote:also - 36 online codes? your going to have a LOT of inventory to play with if you get more for multiple code use on the TCG
Except that I'm not actually planning to use them all. Since these codes aren't very widespread, as mentioned in my news story, I was thinking of giving some away.

WhoKnows_WhoCares
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

yeah, i was actually tempted with the mandibuz... the vullby isnt that great though, and if i lose saybleye earlier than it looks like, my deck's going to run a lot slower than it already does...

maybe i'll wait until after the change and rebuild my deck completly

Raikou Trainer

Post by Raikou Trainer »

WhoKnows_WhoCares wrote:yeah, i was actually tempted with the mandibuz... the vullby isnt that great though, and if i lose saybleye earlier than it looks like, my deck's going to run a lot slower than it already does...
The whole point of this rotation is to slow the game down. Everyone will be in the same situation, so don't worry about it too much.

Well, I picked up a Zekrom tin and a Victini Box yesterday and pulled two more full art Zekrom and a full art Reshiram! Like I thought, these packs did not contain any code cards.

WhoKnows_WhoCares
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

i got the victini box as well - i got reshiram, but its the normal hollow not the full art card... still no code booster box delievered to where i buy the cards... time will tell if i ever get one

Haru Totetsu
Vermilion City
Vermilion City

Post by Haru Totetsu »

I'd love to get some cards but I'm a little strapped for cash. They come in sets so could you guys maybe post the sets, with some sort of indications of the ones you have?