It seems you're not logged in. Register for a free account here!

What is your favorite set?

Moderator: Raikou Trainer

What is your favorite set?

Postby The TCG Man » Sun 09 Mar, 2008 11:56 pm

As the topic title says, what is your favorite set?

I'm quite liking the Pokémon Diamond/Pearl sets, but if I had to pick a favorite it would be Neo Discovery, because it was that set that really go me in to competitive battling (Yes I arrived late to the scene)

What's yours?
The TCG Man 

First Pokémon!
Progress to next rank:
95%
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Pikachu3828 » Sun 09 Mar, 2008 11:59 pm

I think my favourite set would have to be Team Rocket, simply because I think it had a lot of character and it was the first really distinctive set for me, way back when the TCG was fairly new and I didn't know much about it (still don't)

I always wanted to own a Dark Gyarados, seemed like a really cool card. I did eventually come across one, luckily :D

Favourites: :Gyarados: :Tyranitar: :Zangoose: :Drapion: Image

Red: 151/151 | Gold: 247/251 | Fire Red: 376/386 | Heart Gold: 493/493 | Black: 649/649

Please do not PM me about bugs on the Adoption Agency. Instead, make a topic in the bugs forum.
Pikachu3828 

Code Monkey
Code Monkey
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pokémon D/P Friend code: 0

Postby Raikou Trainer » Thu 13 Mar, 2008 9:06 pm

That's a tough one. I've been playing ever since Base, and have had several favorite sets over the years. If I had to choose one, it would have to be Secret Wonders, since the most of the cards in the deck I used at the Virginia State Championships last Saturday (which I got third in, BTW) contained cards from this set.
Raikou Trainer 

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: What is your favorite set?

Postby Eeveevolve » Wed 29 Oct, 2008 4:15 pm

The first Team Rocket set. (Darks XD)
And the first Gym Leaders one. (All of Erikas cards are sooo cute!)
Eeveevolve 

Viridian City
Progress to next rank:
96.7%
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Kikyo » Mon 10 Nov, 2008 9:25 pm

Team Rocket/Gym leaders wins for me, too.
I also like the Japanese exclusive (I think) Vending sets.
Those have cool pictures!
Image Image

Kikyo 

Saffron City
Saffron City
Progress to next rank:
3.8%
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Custom Title: Krazy Kat

Postby cheerio495 » Mon 17 Nov, 2008 5:01 am

Yeah I like all of the older sets; base, jungle, fossil, team rocket
First to have: Ledian, Venomoth, and Persain
cheerio495 

Fuschia City
Fuschia City
Progress to next rank:
78%
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby zen » Thu 08 Jan, 2009 2:24 pm

I agree Cheerio, the first three sets were my favorite too. I remember going through countless Basic packs, looking for a Charizard. I never got one, though. Also, I always liked the Jungle's Scyther.
ImageImage
Bio is incredible:http://www.studiodaily.com/main/technique/tprojects/6850.html

The universe is not indifferent to intelligence, it is actively hostile to it.
zen 

Indigo Plateau
Indigo Plateau
Progress to next rank:
22%
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Pikachu3828 » Thu 08 Jan, 2009 2:43 pm

Ah I remember back in the days of the first few sets. Everybody wanted a shiny Charizard but like you zen, despite buying many, many booster packs I never did get one.

It was like the rarest card of all at the time on the playground.

Favourites: :Gyarados: :Tyranitar: :Zangoose: :Drapion: Image

Red: 151/151 | Gold: 247/251 | Fire Red: 376/386 | Heart Gold: 493/493 | Black: 649/649

Please do not PM me about bugs on the Adoption Agency. Instead, make a topic in the bugs forum.
Pikachu3828 

Code Monkey
Code Monkey
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby aaagul45 » Sun 21 Dec, 2014 9:51 am

If I had to choose one, it would have to be Secret Wonders, since the most of the cards in the deck I used at the Virginia State Championships last Saturday (which I got third in, BTW) contained cards from this set.???

Get 642-874 - transcender for test king and 642-998 - braindumps - dump with 100% callutheran.edu guaranteed. Our high quality fcc prepares you well before www.pittstate.edu in the final exams of Southern California University of Health Sciences.
aaagul45 

Pallet Town
Progress to next rank:
10%
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pokémon B/W Friend Code: 123456

Return to TCG