The Nuzlocke Challenge

For Pokémon discussion that doesn't quite fit into any of the other forums.

Moderator: Forum staff

Haru Totetsu
Vermilion City
Vermilion City
Pokémon D/P Friend code: 0

The Nuzlocke Challenge

Post by Haru Totetsu »

Has anyone heard about this, or is anyone doing it?

I'm considering doing it but I'm not decided yet.

To those that don't know http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/ ... _Challenge

Pikachu3828
Code Monkey
Code Monkey

Re: The Nuzlocke Challenge

Post by Pikachu3828 »

I've heard about this but I've never done one myself.

Be sure to tell us if you do end up doing one! They're always interesting to see how far people can get.

Favourites: :Gyarados: :Tyranitar: :Zangoose: :Drapion: Image

Red: 151/151 | Gold: 247/251 | Fire Red: 376/386 | Heart Gold: 493/493 | Black: 649/649

Please do not PM me about bugs on the Adoption Agency. Instead, make a topic in the bugs forum.

Haru Totetsu
Vermilion City
Vermilion City

Post by Haru Totetsu »

Ah, well my life isn't going very well right now so it doesn't look likely, but I do know a good one someone did, and they made a brilliant comic about it. If I ever do I'll be sure to link to it on here. But in the meantime here's someone else which might get those curious about doing one interested: http://pettyartist.deviantart.com/galle ... 8#/d30pcu9

I've read this one 7 times...I find she's got a pretty good blend of seriousness and humor in her comic adaption.

Galoyan
Viridian Forest

Post by Galoyan »

Ive done 3 so far. its been a rollercoaster of near misses, losses and amazing underdog battles.

First one was on Leaf green. Id traded across a couple of eggs to get me rolling and Had a party of 4. They were sandshrew, Magby, elekid and eevee.
I caught a caterpie (who i named Mittens) and trained it for so so long in a hope that itd help with brock. At level 13 it anihilated geodude and when onix was on orange, poor Mittens was struck down and squashed in one move.
Mount moon was another difficult journey, I gained a Geodude and by the time i got out, id almost lost them all.
I grinded so bad for battling misty (I had 4 who were weak against her and her trainers D;) Luckilly elekid tore her up with a couple of thunderpunches.
Got down to vermillion like a boss with my bros but geodude died on the way :'(
On the upside, DIGLET.
Magnitudes everywhere. Lt surge was horrified
But then Gary had to strut in and kill my mood. His raticate took out elekid.
Rock tunnel was awful. I didnt evolve sandshrew because i wanted him to learn slash and other moves faster :c, bad choice. He be ded
At this point i was becoming numb to letting them go and releasing them ;_;
It was actually pretty depressing and i now wish i just left them there (even if it was cheating) in the box.
Sabrinas Vileplume Destroyed diglet with its petal fury and poisoned my charmeleon. As soon as i got to Celedon, i evolved eevee into Vaporeon to balance out my team. There have probably been a few pokemon ive missed out on mentioning, I barely remember any of it.
Frollicked through team rockets hideout and got charizard and magmar all buff and tough. I had a pigeotto too and was trying to grind it to pigeot asap
I got past all the other badges without losing anyone else, my bro team had a persian and tentacruel all buffed out
But then victory tunnel took me down one by one :( I never made it to even the pokemon league

The others were much the same, Id get to maybe the first pokemon league and something would just take them all down. Its alot of fun though if youre bored with the normal way of playing pokemon haha.