Evolving Pokemon using Stones

Post any bugs or errors you encounter while playing the Adoption Agency here.
pyrakitt
Viridian City
Pokémon D/P Friend code: 0

Evolving Pokemon using Stones

Post by pyrakitt »

I'm attempting to evolve an Eevee using a Thunderstone. The problem is that the only Pokemon it shows as an option is the one female that I'm working on turning into an Espeon.
When I go in my Bag to the Evolution Stones and click on Use next to the Thunderstone it takes me to a page where it would show me the Pokemon I can use it on. It displays only one of my four Eevee, #179825. I'd prefer to evolve Any other Eevee but this one, particularly one of the males.

I've attempted moving Eevee around to see if it's pulling the list from somewhere specific. I've tried putting different Eevee (including the one I don't want to evolve into a Jolteon) in my party, in the default box and in my National Dex box. It only shows the one female Eevee which happens to be my highest level and Happiness, #179825.
I went through the rest of the Stones and it seems to only show one of each Pokemon that can evolve and it's always the Pokemon with the lowest ID number.

Is this an actual bug or is there something I'm missing?

When I encountered this issue I realized that this happened once before, when I was attempting to evolve a Male Sunflora for the Quest requiring one. It only showed me one Sunkern and I didn't double check before clicking on it. Turns out it was only showing me the female Sunkern which likely had the lowest ID number.

WhoKnows_WhoCares
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
Custom Title: The Dark Trainer
Pokémon D/P Friend code: 438184851741

Re: Evolving Pokemon using Stones

Post by WhoKnows_WhoCares »

It's not a bug per say as this is done by design... it just happens to be a poor design.

If I recall it cannot evolve a pokemon via a stone when the pokemon is in the ranch, or in the breeding center - you might want to try one of those to move the eevee you don't want to evolve out of the way.

Unfortunately the system works currently by finding the first pokemon of each particular species that can evolve via that stone that you have available to you. As I say, because this is the way the system was designed, it is not exactly a bug. But it is annoying none the less
Member of the Umbreon Club - PM pikapower06 to Join.

Thanks to miradapurple for creating my cool avatar.

Pokémon Pearl FC: Ace/4381 8485 1741

pyrakitt
Viridian City

Post by pyrakitt »

Ah alright. I'll try moving them into the Ranch or Breeding Center. Hopefully if the boss is looking at improving any of the systems around here this will be one of them. Thank you for the prompt answer.

Pikachu3828
Code Monkey
Code Monkey

Post by Pikachu3828 »

I'll take this into account and see if I can't come up with a better way of evolving Pokemon using stones

Favourites: :Gyarados: :Tyranitar: :Zangoose: :Drapion: Image

Red: 151/151 | Gold: 247/251 | Fire Red: 376/386 | Heart Gold: 493/493 | Black: 649/649

Please do not PM me about bugs on the Adoption Agency. Instead, make a topic in the bugs forum.

pyrakitt
Viridian City

Post by pyrakitt »

It'll be interesting seeing what you come up with.
Is there a reason why the system won't display the rest of the Pokemon? How is it different from the guy who takes Glameow at the Train station who can find them whether they're in your party, Default Box or any other Box we've created.