A bit of help please?

All discussion regarding The Pika Club's Adoption Agency goes within this forum and its subforums.
LaurenOrSatan
First Pokémon!
Pokémon D/P Friend code: 0

A bit of help please?

Post by LaurenOrSatan »

Hey, I've been playing for about three days. I actually joined around 2 months ago but just now started playing. Anyway, I am a little confused on a few things and was wondering if it was alright to ask here. I've looked for guides and other topics for the questions I have but I didn't find the answers I was looking for. (Which probably means they are really obvious and I am being dumb for not realizing)

1. How do I make my Pokemon happy?
I've been clicking them and getting clicks on them but they don't seem to be very happy. I know there are a few berries that can help but is there anything else?

2. Where all can I fish?
Is it only the ship dock? And is there a way to improve my catch rate, other then upgrading my rod?

3. How do I know the rarity of my Pokemon so that I don't list/accept an unfair trade?

Well, thank you to whomever helps me. I know, I'm a noob. :) I apologize if I was not supposed to post this here. I *think* it is the correct place as other have posted their questions here.
Avatar made by KaitlynClinkscales

Pikachu3828
Code Monkey
Code Monkey

Re: A bit of help please?

Post by Pikachu3828 »

LaurenOrSatan wrote:1. How do I make my Pokemon happy?
I've been clicking them and getting clicks on them but they don't seem to be very happy. I know there are a few berries that can help but is there anything else?
Unless they are holding certain items, Pokémon only gain happiness when they are interacted with. There are a few ways to gain happiness. You can attach a berry to your Pokémon so that they gain happiness with interactions, you can feed them certain berries, you can use certain items to raise happiness and there is a perk which earns Pokémon happiness with every interaction.
LaurenOrSatan wrote: 2. Where all can I fish?
Is it only the ship dock? And is there a way to improve my catch rate, other then upgrading my rod?
It is only the ship dock and no, not yet. Fishing is something which will be expanded upon in the next update.
LaurenOrSatan wrote: 3. How do I know the rarity of my Pokemon so that I don't list/accept an unfair trade?
You would have to ask the community for this as there is no list for this sort of thing.

LaurenOrSatan wrote:Well, thank you to whomever helps me. I know, I'm a noob. :) I apologize if I was not supposed to post this here. I *think* it is the correct place as other have posted their questions here.
You are welcome and if you have any other questions feel free to ask.

Favourites: :Gyarados: :Tyranitar: :Zangoose: :Drapion: Image

Red: 151/151 | Gold: 247/251 | Fire Red: 376/386 | Heart Gold: 493/493 | Black: 649/649

Please do not PM me about bugs on the Adoption Agency. Instead, make a topic in the bugs forum.

WhoKnows_WhoCares
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
Custom Title: The Dark Trainer
Pokémon D/P Friend code: 438184851741

Post by WhoKnows_WhoCares »

No, it actually goes in the AA forum as should anything related to the game. It's ok, I moved it and it's all good.

1 - happiness. In order to increase the happiness of a Pokemon, berries are the first choice. Although there are berries that when fed will add +1 point of happiness, you'll want one that is held by a Pokemon. This replaces he exp the Pokemon would have earns from being clicked on and replaces it with happiness instead. Next, there is a perk that adds +1 point of happiness when a pokemon is interacted with. With this perk, you could earn +1 exp and +1 happiness per interaction, or it you have one of the held berries attached hen you'll get +2 exp per click your Pokemon gets. There is a couple of items for your ranch that gives a Pokemon happiness while it spends time at the ranch. The best way though is to get the N64 item from the achievement for having 50 gen II Pokemon (it's name escapes me right now) - one Pokemon in your party can play on the n64 every 24 hours and for doing so it gains 1/4 of the happiness needed to evolve a happiness based evolution.

2 - fishing. Currently the harbour is the only place to fish when there is no ship in harbour. Actually upgrading your rod doesn't increase the catch rate, only the number of pokemon that can be caught. The fisherman visitor at the train station will increase the chance of catching by x2. This is all for the current version of the AA as there are plans to completely change the fishing mechanic in a future update.

3 - and unfair trade isn't based of the rairity of a Pokemon, either in obtaining on the AA or by its hatching rarity (which determine how long an egg will take to hatch) - all you have to do to avoid getting unfair trade is to not put up a normal Pokemon asking for a legendary Pokemon. Anything else, no matter how fair you think it may be (caterpie offered for a tyranitar for example) is not classed as an unfair trade by our trading system... Just don't expect it to be forfilled.

Don't worry about asking questions to which you can't find an answer for - I'm always here to help, and so are a lot of our other members. We even have a question thread for these types of things
Member of the Umbreon Club - PM pikapower06 to Join.

Thanks to miradapurple for creating my cool avatar.

Pokémon Pearl FC: Ace/4381 8485 1741

LaurenOrSatan
First Pokémon!

Post by LaurenOrSatan »

Thank you so much guys! That answered my questions. And thank you for responding so quickly! (Most games I play, it will take two weeks to get help...)

Sorry for posting in the wrong forum. I will get it right next time! :)
Avatar made by KaitlynClinkscales

BluePhantom1989
First Pokémon!
Pokémon B/W Friend Code: 399824596445
Pokémon HG/SS Friend Code: 537182629276
Pokémon Platinum Friend Code: 197961550722
Pokémon D/P Friend code: 477135587407

Post by BluePhantom1989 »

LaurenOrSatan wrote:
Sorry for posting in the wrong forum. I will get it right next time! :)

Don't feel bad "LaurenOrSatan" You're not alone. I also - worry I might post in the wrong forum by accident or mention something that has already been discussed. I'm a noob when it comes to
forums, so I don't want anyone to feel offended if I make any mistakes. I will try my best to put subjects in the right areas of the forum.
Training to be a Video Game Designer, Programmer, and Web Designer

Image Image

WhoKnows_WhoCares
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
Custom Title: The Dark Trainer
Pokémon D/P Friend code: 438184851741

Post by WhoKnows_WhoCares »

dont worry too much if you post in the wrong place or something already covered - we'll let you know if you've dont that, and if its a question we'd rather you asked. We'll move topics to where they need to be, and let you know why it was moved, or why you shouldnt start a topic on something already covered.

We only start getting annoyed when you constantly do those bad things after we tell you... and then if you still do them, that's when warnings start getting handed out - but for the odd one or two things while your new, we'll just inform you on why you didnt get it quite right
Member of the Umbreon Club - PM pikapower06 to Join.

Thanks to miradapurple for creating my cool avatar.

Pokémon Pearl FC: Ace/4381 8485 1741

BluePhantom1989
First Pokémon!
Pokémon B/W Friend Code: 399824596445
Pokémon HG/SS Friend Code: 537182629276
Pokémon Platinum Friend Code: 197961550722
Pokémon D/P Friend code: 477135587407

Post by BluePhantom1989 »

Thanks. That's a load off my worries. I'd never post something in the wrong place on purpose. Thank you guys for being helpful and understanding to everyone on the forums. I'm sure it means a lot to everyone on here, keep up the good work!
Training to be a Video Game Designer, Programmer, and Web Designer

Image Image