Wanted: Sprite Artists

All discussion regarding The Pika Club's Adoption Agency goes within this forum and its subforums.
Pikachu3828
Code Monkey
Code Monkey
Pokémon D/P Friend code: 0

Wanted: Sprite Artists

Post by Pikachu3828 »

Although development on the 2.2 update has not officially started yet, it is currently in the planning stages. Some of the planned 2.2 features will require some original artwork and since I am not artistically inclined, I am looking for outside help to develop original sprite work.

If you are a sprite artist and would like to help develop images for the AA (small icons for the most part, not very large or complicated pictures) then please get in touch with me either by posting in this topic or PMing me. Please let me know roughly how many images you would be able to create in a week. Leaving some links or including some images to previous sprite work is also appreciated :wink:

Favourites: :Gyarados: :Tyranitar: :Zangoose: :Drapion: Image

Red: 151/151 | Gold: 247/251 | Fire Red: 376/386 | Heart Gold: 493/493 | Black: 649/649

Please do not PM me about bugs on the Adoption Agency. Instead, make a topic in the bugs forum.

FireFang1331
Celadon City
Celadon City

Re: Wanted: Sprite Artists

Post by FireFang1331 »

Undead is going to be SO unhappy about this...he loves spriting but he won't be on for a long while probably. (I'll pm you about an update on his internet status) *sighs* Ths is not going to make his day a good one...When do you plan to do 2.2? I could maybe find some samples of his work he sent me at sometime. Though he mostly did recoloring and revamping I think it's called...wish I could be more of help personally. I just started to try and learn to sprite, but it's not going well so my skills are next to pretty much NOTHING except for recoloring pixel by pixel ^^'
First to have Pikachu (Lightning) and Raichu (Thunder) on the AA!
Image Trainer card made by Undead!

WhoKnows_WhoCares
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
Custom Title: The Dark Trainer
Pokémon D/P Friend code: 438184851741

Post by WhoKnows_WhoCares »

2.2 probably wont be started until april...

You know my abilities, and from then i SHOULD have some time if you need a few colour swaps or splices - but since your asking for others i'm already guessing what you want is beyond my abilities
Member of the Umbreon Club - PM pikapower06 to Join.

Thanks to miradapurple for creating my cool avatar.

Pokémon Pearl FC: Ace/4381 8485 1741

Guardian Shizo
Viridian Forest

Post by Guardian Shizo »

Rokuta and I are decent splicers, granted we havent spliced in awhile but I'm sure we could be of some help.
ImageImage
But curiosity can at times reveal things that were better left unknown.

Pikachu3828
Code Monkey
Code Monkey

Post by Pikachu3828 »

There is no rush Firefang, if you think Undead is a good spriter then put him forward as development on 2.2 won't begin for over a month yet still.

Also I'd like to emphasise the original sprite work. I need artists that can create sprite work from scratch rather than modify existing sprites.

Red: 151/151 | Gold: 247/251 | Fire Red: 376/386 | Heart Gold: 493/493 | Black: 649/649

Please do not PM me about bugs on the Adoption Agency. Instead, make a topic in the bugs forum.

kitsunaii
Viridian Forest

Post by kitsunaii »

Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

My shading isn't quite perfect, but I shall improve with time. These are most of my scratched sprites, I hope you like them :3

I could probably do maybe.. 2-3 sprites a week with how school and work have been treating me, and I could probably do a few extra on weekends when I have time.

Ah, you're looking for smaller work, my apologies. I can likely do quite a bit more of smaller things per week depending on how complicated they are :3

Please click that Kakuna :'3
Breeding Shop here!

Ryan659
Celadon City
Celadon City
Custom Title: Pokémon Snatcher
Pokémon D/P Friend code: 90313328676

Post by Ryan659 »

Depending on what you're specifically asking for, I should be able to do some sprites. See my topic for examples of my work.

Relating to the above, I can probably get quite a few done per week, considering it doesn't take me all that long to sprite. (most of the sprites in my topic probably took me an hour or two at most)

Pikachu3828
Code Monkey
Code Monkey

Post by Pikachu3828 »

I just wanted to thank everyone so far that has offered and thought I should add that I won't be following up anybody's submissions for a while yet due to university work. As such, don't think because you haven't heard from me yet that you have been rejected. If anyone has any questions about the process or more of what will be involved, please let me know.

StarSea
First Pokémon!

Post by StarSea »

I'm not the best spriter the world has ever seen, but I haven't tried pokemon yet. I'd like to give it a shot if I may. :) I do make splices though, so I suppose that could be counted a little as making sprites.

Actually, I'm better at making sketches than sprites, so if you need someone to make sketches first I'm more than happy to help.
I have pokemanz!

DarkPurpleFang
Viridian City
Pokémon HG/SS Friend Code: 197825682016
Pokémon D/P Friend code: 403984113692

Post by DarkPurpleFang »

I'm actually very advanced in spriting. However, I also have a very busy work schedule. I'm only online now because I'm ill with the flu. *cough cough* But I'm slowly getting over it.

I would probably be able to submit a good number of sprites, but considering I work 42-50 hours a week it might be a little delayed. But I do quality work. ^u^ I can't do animations anymore, however, since I just got a new computer and don't have my old software.

Here are some examples of my work:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

I'm currently working on "giant" sprites. I'm using the mug shots from Pokemon Pinball games and creating the whole Pokemon. Needless to say it's pretty time consuming~

I really do need to get back into working on artwork again. Plus I need to improve. ^^

*Edit* I also do digital art as well, but again, I don't have my old software. I'm working on getting new stuff. ^^ My icon is one example, but it got smooshed since it was too big. Here's the original file:
I think I have an obsession with Pokemon forum games...O_O

pnoymaster14
Viridian Forest
Pokémon D/P Friend code: 4855

Post by pnoymaster14 »

I can only recolor.

moon5330
Pewter City

Post by moon5330 »

I can do...1 per week due to personal stuff.

-Examples I made in the past-
(Pokemon Related :D I can also do recolors and fusions(PS: The Ponyta picture won't be transparent...)...)

Click below to make a wish!

LunaN
Viridian Forest

Post by LunaN »

i have done some splicing it can be found on my da account but i need to work on it i can do recolors
"Ride free citizen." Throttle
I wasn't meant to be understood

http://kuro-kai08.deviantart.com/journal/Eggs-431866768