Got a Question? Get an Answer Here

All discussion regarding The Pika Club's Adoption Agency goes within this forum and its subforums.
WhoKnows_WhoCares
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
Custom Title: The Dark Trainer
Pokémon D/P Friend code: 438184851741

Got a Question? Get an Answer Here

Post by WhoKnows_WhoCares »

Ok, so there's a lot of players, new and old, that have questions about various parts of the AA. Some ask in the Chat Room topic, some start thier own. So lets start to put them all in one place.

The aim of this topic is simple, to answer any questions about the AA and how it works. This is NOT the place to ask for people to click their pokemon and NOT the place to ask for trades or items.

Beyond that, anything you want to know, ask away - If you know the answer to a question already asked, dont wait around, post your answer.

If this starts becoming very well used, I'll transfer all the questions and answers to a Guide in the Guide forum, but until then:

Got a question?
Member of the Umbreon Club - PM pikapower06 to Join.

Thanks to miradapurple for creating my cool avatar.

Pokémon Pearl FC: Ace/4381 8485 1741

Goggy
Custom Title: Nacho eating Guy-fan
Pokémon D/P Friend code: 0

Re: Got a Question? Get an Answer Here

Post by Goggy »

I know the meditation island and rare candies don't evolve Pokemon, but I have a question about them (I've never really used them before).

If you use a rare candy on a Pokemon or level it up on the meditation island, will it evolve a level later? Like, if I used a rare candy on a level 4 Bulbasaur, would it still evolve at level 16?

WhoKnows_WhoCares
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

As long as you use the ranch or interaction to level up a pokemon at the level it needs to evolve at, it will evolve normally - no matter what you used on previous levels

So yes, using a Rare Candy on a level 4 bulbasaur will take it to level 5, and it will still evolve normally at level 16

Its only when you use it to reach level 16 itself that it doesnt evolve the pokemon, but it will still evolve the next time its leveled up via the ranch or interactions

AstaTheBroken
Viridian City

Post by AstaTheBroken »

I know this is going to sound stupid, but I haven't played B&W so please forgive me. (after all, there are no stupid questions, only stupid people :P)

Does breeding Maractus only give you whatever other Pokemon you're breeding it with, or do I just have really bad luck? I've bred it almost 20 times, and every egg was the other Pokemon (usually Turtwig, since those at least go relatively quickly in the shop, but a handful of Exeggcutes too....) Or, are Turtwig genes dominant and I should breed Maractus with something else?
Image Image

WhoKnows_WhoCares
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

I use psychic powers to know that your Maractus is Male - Am i right? i bet i am, and here's why:

You get an egg of whatever the female is your breeding - all the time. So if your Maractus is male, you wont get a Maractus egg, only whatever female you've put in (turtwig usually by the sound of it)

Hope that helps

Sally_Ann
Cerulean City
Cerulean City

Post by Sally_Ann »

How do we get informed of our prize in the Bug Catching contest?

It was my first win and I didn't notice anything happen so I am just wondering :)

OFFLINE MOVING HOUSE - BACK 4-6 WEEKS

Pikachu3828
Code Monkey
Code Monkey

Post by Pikachu3828 »

Sally_Ann wrote:How do we get informed of our prize in the Bug Catching contest?

It was my first win and I didn't notice anything happen so I am just wondering :)
There currently is no notification, although with v2.1 came PMs on trade alerts/lottery wins which I plan to expand to other features, such as the National Park in v2.2 :)

Favourites: :Gyarados: :Tyranitar: :Zangoose: :Drapion: Image

Red: 151/151 | Gold: 247/251 | Fire Red: 376/386 | Heart Gold: 493/493 | Black: 649/649

Please do not PM me about bugs on the Adoption Agency. Instead, make a topic in the bugs forum.

WhoKnows_WhoCares
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Actually that's a good point, and other than checking the standings the next day - you wont know if you placed in the top three.

The previous days list and the prizes are given out at midnight when the next day's competition starts. Prizes are added automatically to your inventory. Otherwise there is no way to be notified if you won or not.

Axiluvia
Pallet Town

Post by Axiluvia »

This may sound odd, but how do I catch fish? I have a rod, and the harbor is empty, but it says "Not even a nibble..." contanstly. I've gone back to the page around 50 times, same thing.

Is this like mining where it's once an hour, and doesn't say so, or is it just REALLY rare with the Old Rod?

kittygrl
Viridian City

Post by kittygrl »

just keep fishing~ it just takes forever to catch a fish. i feel your pain
Image Image

FireFang1331
Celadon City
Celadon City

Post by FireFang1331 »

Fishing is actually fairly difficult at times. It's a random chance of finding a fish, I don't know the rate of chance exactly for an old rod, but yeah it's pretty difficult. Even with the best rod it's hard! Trust me! I can sit there for 5 or 10 minutes at a time refreshing/visiting the 'empty harbor' and get maybe three or four fish.But usually I don't get that much, heck I'll go for that long, not get a thing. It use to be a LOT easier, but because of how easy it really was, the chance of catching was changed so it would be a bit harder and more to work for rather then just getting a fish almost every time and getting the Super Rod super easy. Just keep trying! You'll catch them eventually! ^_^
First to have Pikachu (Lightning) and Raichu (Thunder) on the AA!
Image Trainer card made by Undead!

AstaTheBroken
Viridian City

Post by AstaTheBroken »

I KNEW I had to be missing something, thanks!
Image Image

Sally_Ann
Cerulean City
Cerulean City

Post by Sally_Ann »

Whats the best way to use my ranch?

Leave Pokemon in as long as possible, or take them out at regular intervals?

I can't work out if I'll get more XP leaving them in there a week, or taking them out each day, or if indeed it makes no difference.

Any mathematicians in the house :P

WhoKnows_WhoCares
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

as a matter of fact, i do know maths.

To be honest, it doesnt matter how long you leave them, in the end you'll get the same exp. taking them out every day may lose you a few minutes a day as you put them back, but on the plus side, if they started out low leveled then they will take less clicks for thier levels to catch up to what they should be. remember taking them out of the ranch only gives them 1 level up, but they will have all the exp gained beyond that, which could mean they have 2 or 3 more levels to gain. Leave them in a month and this could be 20 levels instead.

the only thing you really need to watch out for are the breeders and ranch exp. you only gain 1 point of each for e very 2 hours your pokemon is in the ranch, so make sure that the hour you take it out on makes an even 2 hours. The ranch also rounds down, so on hour 3 your still only getting 1point. make sure to take it out on an even hour. if it went in at 15.32, make sure the hour is odd... and watch out for those minutes, taking them out even 30seconds before can lose you an entire hour

So yeah, doesnt matter how long you leave it in - with the exception of a few minutes, if you leave them in a month and i take them out every day it would end up the same exp (well maybe not between you and me because i have more items on the ranch boosting my exp, but if our ranches were the same - then yeah no different)

Sally_Ann
Cerulean City
Cerulean City

Post by Sally_Ann »

Perfect answer for me on the ranch, thank-you :)

Ok, next question - do you have to give diglet exactly every berry he wants for him to evolve, or is it a total number of berries given?

Guess I am not the only one worried about giving up rare berries when there is no need, however I am stuck on getting the key of light with no clue where to go so Diglett evolving is one of the options for me.