Your First Thoughts

All discussion regarding The Pika Club's Adoption Agency goes within this forum and its subforums.
Pikachu3828
Code Monkey
Code Monkey
Pokémon D/P Friend code: 0

Your First Thoughts

Post by Pikachu3828 »

For those of you that have just begun playing the Adoption Agency, I want to know your thoughts and feelings about it in order to improve the agency. What is done right? What is done wrong? Is it all easy to understand or are some parts confusing? Most importantly - is it fun and do you like it?

Favourites: :Gyarados: :Tyranitar: :Zangoose: :Drapion: Image

Red: 151/151 | Gold: 247/251 | Fire Red: 376/386 | Heart Gold: 493/493 | Black: 649/649

Please do not PM me about bugs on the Adoption Agency. Instead, make a topic in the bugs forum.

Robert
Got Soul Badge!
Got Soul Badge!

Re: Your First Thoughts

Post by Robert »

Seems interesting enough so far. The including of Achievements gives people goals to strive for (aside from the obvious goal of getting every pokemon)
Seems like it could be a fair enough replacement for the old RPG. Only time will tell.

Goggy
Custom Title: Nacho eating Guy-fan

Post by Goggy »

It's a bit confusing... but oh well. I'll get my head around it sooner or later.

pikasumi
Viridian City

Post by pikasumi »

i think its really good now you can have 6 pokemon in your team and have more in the pokemon boxes :-D

dgdog1
Mt. Moon
Mt. Moon

Post by dgdog1 »

pretty good but when do the eggs hatch?

Last edited by dgdog1 on Thu 04 Aug, 2011 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
DUNSPARCE ARE UNAPPPRICIATED!!!!! Spoink are a bunch of ##^$@^#$^#

thanks for the card undead!

Pikachu3828
Code Monkey
Code Monkey

Post by Pikachu3828 »

dgdog1 wrote:pretty good but when do the eggs hatch?
Don't stray off topic - there is a reason why there is a Breeder's Manual. Read it, as your question is answered in it.
Breeder's Manual wrote:What are egg levels?
In the Adoption Agency egg levels are different from Pokémon levels. Once a Pokémon is hatched it will always start at level 1. Instead, egg levels alter how quickly an egg hatches. While a rare egg will always take longer than a common egg to hatch by default it is possible to change the amount of time that takes. There are 3 egg level bands. Each level band halves the length of time required for an egg to hatch.
Level 5 and below - A common egg will take 1 hour to hatch
Between levels 6 and 15 - A common egg will take 30 minutes to hatch
Level 16 and above - A common egg will take 15 minutes to hatch

Red: 151/151 | Gold: 247/251 | Fire Red: 376/386 | Heart Gold: 493/493 | Black: 649/649

Please do not PM me about bugs on the Adoption Agency. Instead, make a topic in the bugs forum.

Galakazoo
Viridian Forest

Post by Galakazoo »

Pikachu3828 wrote:For those of you that have just begun playing the Adoption Agency, I want to know your thoughts and feelings about it in order to improve the agency. What is done right? What is done wrong? Is it all easy to understand or are some parts confusing? Most importantly - is it fun and do you like it?
Alright. Had a large post for you but INTERNAL SERVER ERROR makes me twitch anger.

So I'll try to be brief...er.

Done right - Love the step up from one pokemon, to 6 pokemon, a trainer and a base. Also love the real-time growth instead of strictly click based growth.

Could be fixed - A little big. Most forums I go to have This for a max sig size, the trainer card is bigger than that, and gets cut off >.<

Also, the large amount of clicks one has to make in order to pet all my pokemon. With the old system, it was just one click, but now it's one click to get to the pokemon page, and then two per pokemon (one to click "pet", and then the other to click "back"). I suggest it be changed so that when one clicks the card, it automatically pets each of them, and then displays a brief thankyou or somat, Ja.

Understandability - Each gadget in the Trainer hub is captioned nicely, and there's even a nice little guide for people who don't like the captions. It's nice and not confusing at all.

Level of fun - Playing around with different combinations is nice, but I wouldn't call this application fun. It doesn't really NEED to be though, because it's not a game. It's a little decoration for my profile, and it does it's job quite well. It's not fun, but I still like it, Ja.

Ryan659
Celadon City
Celadon City
Custom Title: Pokémon Snatcher
Pokémon D/P Friend code: 90313328676

Post by Ryan659 »

I'm enjoying it so far, anyway.

sierracascade
Pallet Town

Post by sierracascade »

I'm enjoying it, and I like the idea of eggs not needing to be clicked so many times in order to hatch.

MollyDJmaster
Vermilion City
Vermilion City

Post by MollyDJmaster »

Lolz I like the fact you answer questions. 'Do you like my moustache?' lol funny. Plus I like that you can have more than one pokemon. And that the eggs/pokes don't have to be clicked so much. :-D It's a great improvement.

Also, please click my and GPXPlus account creatures!
ImageImageImage

Shrine Sprite
Saffron City
Saffron City
Custom Title: Delinquent

Post by Shrine Sprite »

I like it!

manandspaniel
Viridian Forest

Post by manandspaniel »

Its great :lol: but i had koffing and now hes gone maybe someone wanted a trade for him but i see no new pokemon :oops:
can others accept trade offers when ive just created a trade caue ill check the manual after this just to check
Image trainer card made by Undead!

Snorlax and the new fire starter and bidoof is unappreciatated! The others ecspecially chimchar and mr mime are a bunch of superfragilisticexpialidocious!!!

Lawl to find superfragilisticexpialidocious i had to search on google!

Grass King
First Pokémon!

Post by Grass King »

I really like it, but maybe there could be an easier way to find people to click Pokemon for, rather than look through the forums?

Pikachu3828
Code Monkey
Code Monkey

Post by Pikachu3828 »

manandspaniel wrote:Its great :lol: but i had koffing and now hes gone maybe someone wanted a trade for him but i see no new pokemon :oops:
can others accept trade offers when ive just created a trade caue ill check the manual after this just to check
If you put up a Pokémon for a trade and didn't specify a Trainer Number then anyone can accept your trade at any time. Your trade goes live as soon as you put it up for offer.
Grass King wrote:I really like it, but maybe there could be an easier way to find people to click Pokemon for, rather than look through the forums?
We have a small but active userbase in our IRC chatroom ( #thepikaclub at irc.kbfail.net ) that plays and would no doubt click on your Pokémon if you asked.

seavicky95
Cinnabar Island
Cinnabar Island
Pokémon D/P Friend code: 468328574608

Post by seavicky95 »

It's nice returning just in time for an awesome new site feature. I like its whimsical simplicity, and it's certainly an improvement from the old Adoption Agency (the name doesn't sound fitting, but I won't nitpick about that). I see a lot of people with the same Pokemon, though... Can't wait for more stuff to be added.