Your First Thoughts

All discussion regarding The Pika Club's Adoption Agency goes within this forum and its subforums.
PTGigi
Viridian City

Re: Your First Thoughts

Post by PTGigi »

Well, been here a day or two so I should post here I guess XD

I love this site so far! :3 The breeding is nicely done and I have no major complaints with it (only that I can't remove my Pokemon until they've made an egg D: ). The weekly/daily/hourly events are awesome and certainly make me check back very often so see what's going on. The Ranch is extremely helpful as I'm stubborn about not using click exchange sites XD (I'll probably just suck it up and use them eventually though XD). Answers are easily solved (either by searching the asking thread or asking ;)). The community seems very nice. I love how Achievements give you rewards (must. get. them. all. (especially the Mewtwo one >:3)). And basically I could keep ranting about what I like XD

My only negative about this site are the "wait 24 hours" tasks. It is rather bothersome. So a suggestion would be to convert some of those to "once a day" if that's possible. From my experience that also reduces the strain on the server less as it only has to check the day and not time to the exact second (and I've seen the server dip down in performance quite a bit D: ). An example would be the Egg Lottery, which says "Once a day" but really is "every 24 hours". I feel that clicking Pokemon should also be once a day and not 24 hours, but blargh, I digress.

To end I overall love the site. I love the leveling up too for your trainer in the different areas, very original :D

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." -Mewtwo
My Adoptables || Pokemon Nuzlocke Webcomic
(for sequel of the above webcomic, add 2 to the URL after "giginuzlocke")

Ashimashi
First Pokémon!
Pokémon D/P Friend code: 0

Post by Ashimashi »

Welp it's been about almost a week since I joined. Overall the site is fun and addictive. C: One thing that kinda confused me at first was the quests, but after a day I understood the port schedule and things. I love the breeding feature, super awesome. XD

Anyway, the only thing that is restraining is that I have to wait 24 hours whenever I want to finish a quest or train of delivering this or that to a port, and somehow I feel like the server time should be segment condensed, (more like 24hrs = 3hr) or something like that, for a faster pace. But it's not a total bad thing, I like that it's sort of spread out through the week. =)

moon5330
Pewter City

Post by moon5330 »

Maybe the clicking limit should be once per day, not 24 hours. When I click somebody's pokemon on one day, the next day I have to wait a couple hours to click them again. That is all :3

Click below to make a wish!

Adalheidis
Pallet Town

Post by Adalheidis »

After the problem of not being able to get my starter, I've been having fun. I like that it isn't centered around battling pokemon. It is a nice change, since I have more fun collecting than fighting.

The ranch was a good idea. I look forward to upgrading it more.

I like the event box letting me know what is going on, but find I miss the more important things. I am used to it being on every page with little notices about my pokemon pondering the universe or something. Though having my caterpie headbanging sounds amusing, I'd rather there just be more important notices there.

I also agree that the clicking limit should be once a day, rather than 24 hours. I don't remember when I pet pokemon, just that I did it sometime yesterday. I go to pet them today, but it's still telling me I'm working overtime. Even if the new day doesn't start in the morning for me, I could still remember the time a new day starts better than multiple times I clicked peoples' pokemon.

I had trouble finding the quest log. When first exploring the site, I gathered a bunch, but had no idea where I could see what they all were. Finally found out I could click on my profile, then my card, then the quest log. It seems like there are a lot of clicks to go through to find things here.

One last thing... I have trouble remembering where I got a pokemon/egg from. I know I got one from a quest, and have to raise it to level five before bringing it back, but it took me awhile to figure out which one. I had almost all eggs at that time. I think I know now, since the original trainer is "not recorded," and it was nicknamed, but a note of where I got it from would help.

Despite the above difficulties (which are all pretty small to me), I like AA. It isn't just about clicking on pokemon to level them up or fight with them, but has a bunch of other things to do. There are still things I haven't even tried yet, like breeding, trading, selling, buying, egg lottery... uh... you get the idea.

P.S. The links being green when you can pet a pokemon again is good, too. I forgot to mention that.

LunaN
Viridian Forest

Post by LunaN »

i have had a lot of fun here and hope to continue to play here
"Ride free citizen." Throttle
I wasn't meant to be understood

http://kuro-kai08.deviantart.com/journal/Eggs-431866768

pyrakitt
Viridian City

Post by pyrakitt »

So far I've been thoroughly entertained. I like the colors and setup of the UI, it was easy enough to start at the top and start clicking through things learning what they were.

Pros:
-I like the event bar, it changing with every click cycling through Pokemon gets my attention and helps me notice when an actual event happens.
-The Pokemon sprites are cute and well made.
-The ranch will be a big help depending on how long it takes to give a Pokemon exp.
- I like the Pokedoll collecting and other side quests, though the Pokedolls are so small I can't tell what some of them even are until I fill in enough Pokemon around it that I can guess from Dex #.
- Breeding, other than what's mentioned in the con section, is very easy. I like the option to just take the egg or to take the egg and parents.
- the luvdisc taking you to random people's Pokemon. It's a great way to interact with a lot of Pokemon and I made a nice sum of money right off the bat as well as put a miniscule dent in the Pokedex.
-The Breeder's Card. Very easy to post, nice layout with pertinent information. Would like a little more explanation on what the ribbons mean though.

Cons:
-The 24hr limit on clicking on Pokemon and making money/exp is currently biting me in the butt as I found the site after midnight EST. So I either have to wait till the middle of the night to start earning money/exp again or I have to feel like a skip a day to reset it to a more reasonable hour. I feel it would have been better to set this off the site's time rather than a 24hr timer.
- Clues on certain quests. Like the one to find the Silgliphs. Once I clicked through the whole site several times I gave up to look here and found that they were in sections I don't have access to yet. A note if you go back to the man looking for them that some of them are far away, or that I don't have access to where they are yet would have made things less aggravating.
-Only being able to breed Pokemon that are in the box.
-the above links to having to have a full party at all times. As I don't have to worry about Pokemon or trainers attacking me randomly I don't see the point of having a full team all the time. It's way more steps then it should be to swap Pokemon into the breeding center. At least let us swap them with party members when we take them out?

Pikachu3828
Code Monkey
Code Monkey

Post by Pikachu3828 »

Thanks for the feedback, it is always very much welcomed :)

The 24 hour thing was implemented somewhat inconsistently over the site, sometimes it was relative to your timezone and other times to the server's timezone. I think in the end I largely favoured server time purely for consistency but I think that was a mistake with regards international users. To be honest I doubt that will be changed at this point, however, since it would require changing quite a large portion of the site and how it works.

The clues are cryptic and practically unguessable in places, I think my idea at the time was that the community would pitch in together to help solve these conundrums. Now that the site is largely over, some of the flaws of that idea are unravelling :P

Having 6 Pokemon in your party at all times is simply the way the site was designed and once again changing this would require significant overhauls to the code base that are unlikely to happen now that the site is no longer in active development. Being able to swap party Pokemon with Pokemon from the Breeding Centre is definitely a good idea though.

Oh and just FYI the ribbons on the trainer cards relate to how long you've been a member of the AA.

Favourites: :Gyarados: :Tyranitar: :Zangoose: :Drapion: Image

Red: 151/151 | Gold: 247/251 | Fire Red: 376/386 | Heart Gold: 493/493 | Black: 649/649

Please do not PM me about bugs on the Adoption Agency. Instead, make a topic in the bugs forum.