Isshu region inspiration

Discuss the Generation V handheld games here.

Moderator: Forum staff

Pikachu3828
Code Monkey
Code Monkey
Pokémon D/P Friend code: 0

Isshu region inspiration

Post by Pikachu3828 »

Now that we have a full map of the Isshu region (see our news post here) we can begin to piece together what Isshu is like as a region. It's well known that each Pokémon region is based upon an actual region in Japan (Kanto being based upon Kanto, for example) and there have even been some maps put together within the Pokémon community identifying where each region would be located on a real map of Japan.

Isshu however looks completely different from any other region thus far in that it is not an island or coastal region. It is far more land based than any previous generation. This might suggest Isshu could be the first region not actually based in Japan. Backing this up we have been told that Isshu is further away from any previous region, hence the routes starting from number 1 again. What do you think? Is Isshu the first truly 'foreign' region and, if so, where in the world do you think Isshu is?

Favourites: :Gyarados: :Tyranitar: :Zangoose: :Drapion: Image

Red: 151/151 | Gold: 247/251 | Fire Red: 376/386 | Heart Gold: 493/493 | Black: 649/649

Please do not PM me about bugs on the Adoption Agency. Instead, make a topic in the bugs forum.

WhoKnows_WhoCares
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
Custom Title: The Dark Trainer
Pokémon D/P Friend code: 438184851741

Re: Isshu region inspiration

Post by WhoKnows_WhoCares »

some of the things i've seen very briefly while covering this for our site suggests to me this place might be the America of the pokemon world. Since the USA has the next largest amount of Pokemon Fan's and Players (tournament wise) after Japan, i can see why they would head for America.

Part of my reasoning is how Japanese people use coloured skin (or lack of it) in thier media. If you ever watch a Japanese made Cartoon, you'll notice everyone is basically the same colour. Differences occur when 'forigners' apear. Any white person is coloured the same as everybody Japanese (don't know why, but they are). Chinese people have slightly darker skins. Since Africa and native people to Africa don't occur much in Japanese media, Black people tend to be American's when shown in Japanese Cartoon's (or games) - with a Black Gym Leader just announced in this months CoroCoro magazine, this is my first clue to it being in America.

Some of the sites in Isshu also lend themselves to being American, Skyscrapers in Huinn City, very long bridges, the train system we've seen glimpses of. There's rumours of a battle Subway system where you battle random trainers in a subway cart. Sure, there are several cities all over the world with an underground train system, but America does have one of the more famous ones in New York.

The last peice of evidence was in a Trailer i've seen, they showed several of the new Trainer Sprites you will encounter across the region. On of these was dressed up as an American Footballers - its a very unique look so you can't mistake it for any other sport and it's obviously mostly played in America.

So that's all my reasons so far as to why i think this will be based off America
Member of the Umbreon Club - PM pikapower06 to Join.

Thanks to miradapurple for creating my cool avatar.

Pokémon Pearl FC: Ace/4381 8485 1741