Arceus

Discuss the Generation IV remakes of Pokémon Gold/Silver.

Moderator: Forum staff

Pikachu3828
Code Monkey
Code Monkey
Pokémon D/P Friend code: 0

Arceus

Post by Pikachu3828 »

It's nice to see that Arceus finally has a role to play in the Pokémon games, which is befitting considering it is supposed to be a Pokémon god. All we know so far is that if you trade it from Diamond/Pearl/Platinum and take it to the Alph Ruins, the Unown will swarm around and then you'll have an egg of either Dialga, Palkia or Giratina. That's particularly odd since none of those Pokémon can breed and they're all fully capturable in D/P/P. Plus what does Arceus have to do with the egg? Is it implying Arceus is the father/mother of all Pokémon? That it can create Pokémon?

Favourites: :Gyarados: :Tyranitar: :Zangoose: :Drapion: Image

Red: 151/151 | Gold: 247/251 | Fire Red: 376/386 | Heart Gold: 493/493 | Black: 649/649

Please do not PM me about bugs on the Adoption Agency. Instead, make a topic in the bugs forum.

The TCG Man
First Pokémon!

Re: Arceus

Post by The TCG Man »

I think it's about time Arceus was actually used in the Pokémon games. I don't like the trend that's been going on lately of adding Pokémon to games but not being able to unlock them or learn about them before buying the next set of games (Deoxys last gen, Arceus this gen)

That being said I still don't see Arceus being given much of a back story. I think the film deals with that, another thing people have to buy to find out about. Information is very piecemeal nowadays.

WhoKnows_WhoCares
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
Custom Title: The Dark Trainer
Pokémon D/P Friend code: 438184851741

Post by WhoKnows_WhoCares »

Pikachu3828 wrote:Plus what does Arceus have to do with the egg? Is it implying Arceus is the father/mother of all Pokémon? That it can create Pokémon?
Err... yeah, that's why its called the 'creation' Pokémon - try to pay attention to these things.

The Dialga/Palkia egg will be because in the begining, Arceus created Dialga and Palkia to create space and time... I can't remember if Arceus created Giratina or if it was created when the reverse world was created (which holds space and time together) - either way Arceus would have been responsible for creating him in some respect - i'm fairly certian this has been explained before somewhere else on the forums - but i cant find it, nor can i remember exactly where i rememebr this info from - but i'm 99.999% certian its right.

So there, everything does make sence in the end.

On a side note, all those competitive battlers and people who actually know about IV's and EV's are going to go nuts over being able to completly raise a Dialga, Palkia or Giratina...
Member of the Umbreon Club - PM pikapower06 to Join.

Thanks to miradapurple for creating my cool avatar.

Pokémon Pearl FC: Ace/4381 8485 1741

poptrop
Pallet Town

Post by poptrop »

cynthia will also be the sole arceus lore propriotor telling the reasons why arceus is creating the egg for gold
I just got an egg. Eggy says "FEEEEED MEEEEE!!!!!!!!!".

ImagePlease click and help feed my A.Rose!

pikalover1234
Vermilion City
Vermilion City
Custom Title: Oh Noes. Sorry.
Pokémon D/P Friend code: 287870574463

Post by pikalover1234 »

IN my opinion this unravels alot about the pokemon egg situation.
So like arceus sees the pokemon in the daycare and makes a pokemon egg?
Former Pika Club regular, now life's caught up and things got complicated.

Ryan659
Celadon City
Celadon City
Custom Title: Pokémon Snatcher
Pokémon D/P Friend code: 90313328676

Post by Ryan659 »

I like this idea, but it's a shame they restrict things like this specifically to event Pokémon. Or, turn that around, and say that it's a shame that they restrict certain Pokémon like that to events. I mean, they don't earn money (or at least not huge amounts - maybe off the shops holding the events) for doing them, so why have them at all? Why not just have them ready to catch in the game?

Haru Totetsu
Vermilion City
Vermilion City

Post by Haru Totetsu »

First there was an Egg. When it hatch, out came Arceus, who created everything. It's first creations were Plakia, and Dialga...shortly after Giratina was created to watch over the Mirror World, an opposite of the world he had created.

Many eons later, another Egg formed, containing 3 Pokémon now known as Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf, which caused the creation of man as they held the pieces that made man so unique. At this same time another creature came into being...the Pokémon known as Mew.

Many Mew's later evolved and permanently changed over time to create the many wondrous species we now see today in the world, of Pokémon!

~~~

As you can see they've pretty much got Pokémon mythology down. Actually I even thought up my own idea as to why there only seems to be one Mew, though it's not official and has no bearings on the Pokémon franchise so I won't bother posting it. Still I remember reading someone's fascinating idea as to where Lucario's came from, as in trying to single them out as having not evolved from Mew but through alternative means.