My Suggestion(s)

Need any help regarding this website, or have a suggestion on how we could improve something? Found a bug or error? Please post all issues related to this website here.

Moderator: Forum staff

Do you like this idea?

Yes
100%
No
No votes
Sort of...
No votes

Total votes: 1

Haru Totetsu
Vermilion City
Vermilion City
Pokémon D/P Friend code: 0

My Suggestion(s)

Post by Haru Totetsu »

I have a suggestion reguarding the posting of messages on the forum itself. As you know as we post comment onto topics, we slowly progress through the Kanto region gym circut. Well I think that can be improved in 2 ways.

1. When we "reach" the Indigo Plateau, we should have a comment number that gives us a Trophie that is tall enough to cover the 2 rows of badges, right next to them. That way we get more of a reward for posting comment and keeping this forum alive.

2. When we have achieved the last level possible for the Kanto gym circuit, we should then be automatically placed onto the Johto circuit, then the Hoenn circuit, the Sinnoh circuit , and then the Unova circuit. This feature could also include the Orange Islands badge circuit, the Battle Frontier badges (Silver, then Gold). This will give the forum more reason to be active. Also maybe staff member's should be given some sort of special symbol to indicate their rank, something that seems it should belong to a Pokémon master.

Pikachu3828
Code Monkey
Code Monkey

Re: My Suggestion(s)

Post by Pikachu3828 »

Haru Totetsu wrote:2. When we have achieved the last level possible for the Kanto gym circuit, we should then be automatically placed onto the Johto circuit, then the Hoenn circuit, the Sinnoh circuit , and then the Unova circuit. This feature could also include the Orange Islands badge circuit, the Battle Frontier badges (Silver, then Gold). This will give the forum more reason to be active. Also maybe staff member's should be given some sort of special symbol to indicate their rank, something that seems it should belong to a Pokémon master.
This has been suggested many times before but the fact is that currently the last available rank requires 10,000 posts and only one user has ever reached that far in the 7+ years this forum has existed.

I could modify the last few ranks so that they require less posts, but currently it takes 3,400 posts to get the last Kanto gym badge which still not many people have. I'm not closed off to the idea of changing the system, but I want the rank upgrades to still be special. To fit in all the different gym badges and other badges we'd either have to make it so each rank up only takes a few posts or we continue to add on to the current system which nobody will ever see since it'd require astronomical amounts of posts.

Also staff members do have something that indicates their rank, the big bold 'STAFF' image in place of badges.

Favourites: :Gyarados: :Tyranitar: :Zangoose: :Drapion: Image

Red: 151/151 | Gold: 247/251 | Fire Red: 376/386 | Heart Gold: 493/493 | Black: 649/649

Please do not PM me about bugs on the Adoption Agency. Instead, make a topic in the bugs forum.

Haru Totetsu
Vermilion City
Vermilion City

Re: My Suggestion(s)

Post by Haru Totetsu »

I'd say, just add onto the old numbers. Though 10'000 posts seems like a lot, so maybe change that to 5'000 and work from there?