Commercials

Discuss your favourite TV shows, movies, comics, manga and other means of entertainment.

Moderator: Forum staff

teamgalactic2
Vermilion City
Vermilion City
Pokémon D/P Friend code: 0

Commercials

Post by teamgalactic2 »

Are there like any commercials for our entertainment? I mean you see like 25 entertaining commercials then the other 5,000 are ads! :evil: I'm gonna hire a gibble to eat the pepole who make them
If you want to join my Google Group (Pokemon) e-mail my admin e-mail: pokemon-trainers-club@googlegroups.com or go to http://groups.google.com/group/pokemon- ... club?hl=en and yes, I am put down under Ash Ketchum.

WhoKnows_WhoCares
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
Custom Title: The Dark Trainer
Pokémon D/P Friend code: 438184851741

Re: Commercials

Post by WhoKnows_WhoCares »

the whole point of a commercial is to sell something, even the clever and entertaining ones are still advertising a product, you just remember them more because they're clever and/or entertaining.
Member of the Umbreon Club - PM pikapower06 to Join.

Thanks to miradapurple for creating my cool avatar.

Pokémon Pearl FC: Ace/4381 8485 1741

Pikachu3828
Code Monkey
Code Monkey

Post by Pikachu3828 »

It's every marketers dream to make an ad that takes off with the public. Unfortunately many don't seem to grasp basic concepts of humour or entertainment and most come off as annoying and contrived. It doesn't help that a mildly funny ad will be played dozens of times where it will begin to grate on your nerves even if you did like it the first time you saw it.

I think one of the more recent adverts that comes to mind as being successful is the Compare the Meerkat ad run. They came up with a character which caught on and developed a funny little story to go along with it which they stretched out into a series of about 3 ads.

Favourites: :Gyarados: :Tyranitar: :Zangoose: :Drapion: Image

Red: 151/151 | Gold: 247/251 | Fire Red: 376/386 | Heart Gold: 493/493 | Black: 649/649

Please do not PM me about bugs on the Adoption Agency. Instead, make a topic in the bugs forum.

WhoKnows_WhoCares
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

its more than 3 ads - and its still going.

I rememeber after seeing the original one a few times, i actually went to comparethemeerkat.com it didnt exist at the time and i though 'they've missed a trick with that' - now of course they do have it, and it delves into the backstory of the whole thing... and now i think 'i've missed a trick, if i'd bought that domain for myself they'd have paid me a fortune to own it'

oh well, live and learn

Pikachu3828
Code Monkey
Code Monkey

Post by Pikachu3828 »

WhoKnows_WhoCares wrote:its more than 3 ads - and its still going.
I'm talking about the current 'story' arc - the one where they show the meerkats in the desert, then the meerkats battling and now the comparethemeerkat.shop one.
and now i think 'i've missed a trick, if i'd bought that domain for myself they'd have paid me a fortune to own it'
Or you'd simply be forced to hand it over. WIPO (World Intellectual Property Organisation) mediates disputes like this all the time (see here for an example) and without a legitimate reason for owning the doman name (ie not essentially holding the domain name for ransom) then you'll just have it taken off you by force.

Favourites: :Gyarados: :Tyranitar: :Zangoose: :Drapion: Image

Red: 151/151 | Gold: 247/251 | Fire Red: 376/386 | Heart Gold: 493/493 | Black: 649/649

Please do not PM me about bugs on the Adoption Agency. Instead, make a topic in the bugs forum.

WhoKnows_WhoCares
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

oh right, that current ark - yeah, that's up to 3... could be more, they have more ancesstors on the meerkat site if i remember

I could have made a small web page that actually compared meerkats - then i'd have a legitimate site. but yeah, i wouldnt have really held it for ransom - still would have been interesting to see what would have happened

teamgalactic2
Vermilion City
Vermilion City

Post by teamgalactic2 »

What about the Geico ones? Like the one were the pig crys wee wee wee all the way home?
Ah,
^ ^
___
So So
If you want to join my Google Group (Pokemon) e-mail my admin e-mail: pokemon-trainers-club@googlegroups.com or go to http://groups.google.com/group/pokemon- ... club?hl=en and yes, I am put down under Ash Ketchum.

aden
Viridian City

Post by aden »

Pikachu3828 wrote:
WhoKnows_WhoCares wrote:its more than 3 ads - and its still going.
I'm talking about the current 'story' arc - the one where they show the meerkats in the desert, then the meerkats battling and now the comparethemeerkat.shop one.
and now i think 'i've missed a trick, if i'd bought that domain for myself they'd have paid me a fortune to own it'
Or you'd simply be forced to hand it over. WIPO (World Intellectual Property Organisation) mediates disputes like this all the time (see here for an example) and without a legitimate reason for owning the doman name (ie not essentially holding the domain name for ransom) then you'll just have it taken off you by force.

I have explore the web-source that you have shared as an example with all of us.I liked it a lot.

lavanya
First Pokémon!

Post by lavanya »

I had watch commercials tv-show and i really enjoyed while watching some of the episodes of it.

AnnekaLily
Pokémon D/P Friend code: 408124448212

Post by AnnekaLily »

I often see the JML ads when I'm in ASDA, wilkinsons, boots ect. which are on constant repeat. Most annoying was for the kids cushion "sleepy pals", mainly as it repeated the product name like a radio chime.

Still find the cadburys gorilla epic tho, lol
Oh yes, and the ones with Ozzy in (WOW & utterly buttery)

Pokémon Pearl FC: Anneka/4081 2444 8212

pikalover1234
Vermilion City
Vermilion City
Custom Title: Oh Noes. Sorry.
Pokémon D/P Friend code: 287870574463

Post by pikalover1234 »

teamgalactic2 wrote:What about the Geico ones? Like the one were the pig crys wee wee wee all the way home?
You just took the words out of my mouth. I had to go out for a walk to stop laughing at that one.
Former Pika Club regular, now life's caught up and things got complicated.