Poll: Subbed or Dubbed

Discuss your favourite TV shows, movies, comics, manga and other means of entertainment.

Moderator: Forum staff

Which do you prefer?

You may select 1 option

View results

WhoKnows_WhoCares
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
Custom Title: The Dark Trainer
Pokémon D/P Friend code: 438184851741

Poll: Subbed or Dubbed

Post by WhoKnows_WhoCares »

It's the ultimate question that could possibly have a predictable answer. Which is better, Subbed or Dubbed?

For those that may not know what the term means, let me give a quick description

Subbed is presented in its natural language (usuall Japanese for Anime) while it has subtitles presented in the language for foreign speakers who may not understand it otherwise. Most Subbed Japanese Anime in the US has English Subbtitles, while in Europe they will usually have English, French and German.

Dubbed Anime is where the original Audio track is removed and replaced with another one recorded in a new language. Most Dubbed Anime for both the US and Europe come with English Dubbing (usually the same done by the same people). Most Anime series you see on TV are Dubbed in English by English speaking people.

So which is better? The subbed so that you have the ability to see the product as it was ment to be seen, and not edited for various restraints? Or Dubbed so that you dont have to spend every since second of the show staring at the bottom of the screen just so you dont miss that important plot point, and you can actually sit back and enjoy the animation while still understanding what's going on?

Vote, and Post a reply as to why you prefer it that way.

(The question is void for all those that can speak, or understand a good amount, of spoken Japanese)
Member of the Umbreon Club - PM pikapower06 to Join.

Thanks to miradapurple for creating my cool avatar.

Pokémon Pearl FC: Ace/4381 8485 1741

SonicKitsune
Cerulean City
Cerulean City
Pokémon D/P Friend code: 0

Post by SonicKitsune »

I like seeing things uncensored, so I essentially prefer subbed, since I also like seeing subtitles on shows sometimes so I can tell what they're saying when circumstances make it difficult to hear. Plus, I read the subtitles and mentally convert the Japanese voices into English dialogue, even though I don't know Japanese.
Wikispaces|deviantART|Blog
:Cyndaquil: :Heracross: :Marill: SoulSilver - Ridge♂(Star)/To be determined
:Piplup: :Buizel: :Pachirisu: Diamond - Ridge!*/0516-3813-5126

aden
Viridian City

Re:

Post by aden »

SonicKitsune wrote:I like seeing things uncensored, so I essentially prefer subbed, since I also like seeing subtitles on shows sometimes so I can tell what they're saying when circumstances make it difficult to hear. Plus, I read the subtitles and mentally convert the Japanese voices into English dialogue, even though I don't know Japanese.
I also like subbed rather than dubbed.

samuelpetter
First Pokémon!

Re: Poll: Subbed or Dubbed

Post by samuelpetter »

100% Subbed!

cheerio495
Fuschia City
Fuschia City

Post by cheerio495 »

I like both. Subbed because it is unedited and dubbed because I understand the language (english) and can focus more on the animation.
First to have: Ledian, Venomoth, and Persain

lavanya
First Pokémon!

Post by lavanya »

I liked dubbed more than subbed a lot.

marryjohn
Pallet Town

Post by marryjohn »

I love subbed!!!!

AstaTheBroken
Viridian City

Post by AstaTheBroken »

If I'm watching, subbed.

However, if I'm looking for a job, dubbed. I'd eventually like to break into voice acting, and have taken a few classes. Since I'm also a musician, I have good timing.
Image Image

Haru Totetsu
Vermilion City
Vermilion City

Post by Haru Totetsu »

I like them being dubbed more, because if you don't read fast enough or it has side information that you'd need to read, you have a chance at missing some important information. Dubs don't have that. The only real bad dubs are by 4Kids and I hear they're not doing a lot of dubs anymore because of some law suit or something.