Chuck Lorre's Vanity Cards

Discuss all sorts of manner regarding the latest TV/games/music etc news. Pokémon chat goes in either Pokémon forums.

Moderator: Forum staff

Haru Totetsu
Vermilion City
Vermilion City
Pokémon D/P Friend code: 0

Chuck Lorre's Vanity Cards

Post by Haru Totetsu »

Recently I discovered that the man Chuck Lorre posts these "Vanity Cards" at the end of the credits of every episode, on every program he's worked on. With this discovery I found that he has them listed on a website: http://www.chucklorre.com/index.php. With this in mind I though it would be interesting to see what everyone here thought about this. Also I want people to quote or link to their favourite card. Below is mine.

Chuck Lorre - Vanity Card #007:

"I believe that the very act of believing in something causes us to distance ourselves from that thing, thus a duality is created: oneself and the thing in which one believes. Now since we all know that in order to fully understand a thing one must be that thing -- walk a mile in its shoes so to speak -- it seems obvious that the state of believing in something inevitably causes us to not truly understand that thing in which we believe. This noncomprehension leads to all sorts of difficulties. "I believe in love" has a better than even chance of leading to divorce, while "I believe in God" seems to end in variations on the Spanish Inquisition. But -- and it's a big but -- if one were love, one couldn't help but be affectionate and caring towards oneself and others. If one were God, one would act toward all beings and all things as if they were one's own creations. And that, my friends, is the secret of life in a two-second vanity card. Of course, the secret could also be "Sit, Ubu, sit." We have to keep an open mind."

katelara
Pallet Town
Pokémon D/P Friend code: 0

Re: Chuck Lorre's Vanity Cards

Post by katelara »

Recently I discovered that the man Chuck Lorre posts these "Vanity Cards" at the end of the credits of every episode, on every program he's worked on. With this discovery I found that he has them listed on a website: With this in mind I though it would be interesting to see what everyone here thought about this.

solitairecardgame.org